Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Headed to Fort Myers - Questions for those there

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jerseyjammer

jerseyjammer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Hi there,

I'll be headed down on Sunday. If anyone has answers for the below, it'd be greatly appreciated!

- Does anyone know where I can find a roster with uniform numbers online of all players in Fort Myers? Single A to MLB

- Around what time do the minor league workouts start in the AM?

- On game day, is there much going on in the complex in the mornings? Assuming the minor leaguers are still there on the backfields? Maybe some guys in the cages?

Thanks for any info!

JJ

#2 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

[quote name='jerseyjammer']
- Does anyone know where I can find a roster with uniform numbers online of all players in Fort Myers? Single A to MLB[/quote]

There is not one online. You can find a list of the players invited in the MLB camp here. All players have their names on their jerseys so you can tell who is who. Occasionally there are lists of minor leaguers at the MiLB locker room area.

- Around what time do the minor league workouts start in the AM?
[/quote]

Oh nine hundred sharp, but there are players out earlier

- On game day, is there much going on in the complex in the mornings? Assuming the minor leaguers are still there on the backfields? Maybe some guys in the cages?
[/quote]

Minor leaguers at the back fields and usually playing games. Major leaguers having batting practice and/or drills on the field next to Hammond. Some guys in the cages under Hammond. Various drills in the backfields like pitchers fielding or infield drills, bunting etc.

Enjoy!
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#3 jerseyjammer

jerseyjammer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

There is not one online. You can find a list of the players invited in the MLB camp here. All players have their names on their jerseys so you can tell who is who. Occasionally there are lists of minor leaguers at the MiLB locker room area.

Oh nine hundred sharp, but there are players out earlier

Minor leaguers at the back fields and usually playing games. Major leaguers having batting practice and/or drills on the field next to Hammond. Some guys in the cages under Hammond. Various drills in the backfields like pitchers fielding or infield drills, bunting etc.

Enjoy!

This is great, thanks for all of the info!!

#4 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Thrylos pretty much summed it up. I might add that you can get the Twins roster for a buck by the batting cages under Hammond. Today being the 1st real workout for the minors and I didn't go. But other years you could just get the roster sheet from the minors office. Since that area is all under construction I'm not sure where you'd get it, but it's got to be down there somewhere. And the roster changes alot as players are sent down but they keep it up to date. Have fun, maybe see you around.