Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Long Strange Trip: Twins 1, Marlins 3

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ins-1-Marlins-3

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,493 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:35 AM

Escobar is also out of options, which also basically makes him a lock.

I agree that Deduno is being eased back. I wouldn't count him out for 5th starter yet.

Did someone really ask if Hughes was essentially in a doghouse??

#3 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,309 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:28 AM

In fact, according to Gardenhire, the Twins thought that was his best spot when he was with the White Sox

This is utterly and totally ridiculous. According to every single defensive metric out there (including fielding percentage, btw) he is a much better than average SS (won the gold glove there in this winter's VWL too), better than average 2B and worse than average 3B. Also he is about 5'8" (with cleats on) and totally not suited for 3B. But, again, we are talking about a guy who had Punto as his starting third baseman for half a season...

I'd love to see the Twins give him a chance to start where he belongs (at SS) because I think that he is better with the stick than Florimon and there will not be much (if any) drop off with the glove. But saying that 3B is his best position is not only ignoring the metrics but is watching him play with their eyes closed...

#4 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

I really liked Gibson when I watched him the other day and would love to see him stick and Worley in the pen. Maybe Deduno starts on the DL. I'm not convinced Diamond would be claimed if he was designated, pretty sure Deduno and Worley would though.

Pressly has had a tough start to the spring, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent out. I am praying they go with 12 pitchers with the additions of Nolasco and Hughes, who should eat a lot of innings up. Hate only having 2 bench players (Backup catcher being held out).