- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Today, 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Today, 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Yesterday, 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Yesterday, 03:08 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Yesterday, 12:05 PM
- Peterson's Mea Culpa Tour Is Starting A Little Late
Yesterday, 11:31 AM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Yesterday, 07:00 AM
- What's the Vikings biggest position of need?
Nov 20 2014 09:18 PM
- Article: Green Bay's Recent Domination of Vikings Is Eye Opening
Nov 20 2014 08:52 PM
- Why Wouldn't Vikings Want AP Back Next Year?
Nov 20 2014 07:20 PM
Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:51 AM
Born: October 6th, 1985 in North Field Saskatchewan
Plays for the New Britain Rock Cats
Albers played college ball at the University of Kentucky after being selected in the 12th round of the 2004 draft by the Milwaukee Brewers but chose not to sign. In the 10th round of the 2008 draft he was picked by the San Diego Padres. He signed and started pitching in their Rookie league. He missed the 2009 season after having Tommy John's surgery to repair his ulnar collateral ligament. He was then released by the Padres. In 2010 Albers played for the Québec Capitales and had 17 saves with a 1.40 era. In 2011 he pitched for the Canadian Nationals team in baseball's World Cup receiving a bronze medal. He tried out for several MLB organizations in Arizona prior to the start of 2011 spring training and didn't have an invite to stay. After a few phone calls he decided to drive from Arizona to Fort Myers to be looked at by the Twins doctors and to throw for whoever wanted to watch. After trying out he was invited to spring training and joined the Twins organization.
Currently Albers is 1-0 with a 4.05 ERA in 20 innings pitched.
Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:51 AM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:06 AM
On May 25th Andrew pitched 4 innings and gave up 2 hits, had 6 strike outs, 2 walks and no runs. After 52 innings pitched his ERA is 3.98.
The game was suspended in Portland after the fourth inning due to fog. That's why he went just four innings. The game was completed the next day.