Starting Lineup: Some Players but they will get taken out before the game is over.
Red Sox: Same Thing as the Twins... Herman's Hermits... 2nd Verse same as the first!!!
Things to think about:
1. Its pre-season... Time to practice and improve to get ready for the season. It's the same thing for the game threads... A winter of rust to shake off. We can't be expected to just hit the ground running and be in mid-season form.
2. Polar Vortex... You know its a bad winter when they come up with a new term to add to our language. I'm sure the term has been around for the while but they didn't bring it to top of the mind until people in Atlanta felt kinda chilly.
3. Ft. Myers... Spring training home of the Twins and Red Sox. I'm sure those Bostonians think they own Ft. Myers but they don't. Ft. Myers is Twins Territory. Think of it this way... There are way more babies born in Ft. Myers that are Twins than babies born with Red Sox.
4. Ft. Myers... The forecast calls for 84 degrees today... Where I live... The forecast calls for a high of 6 below... Yeah... I'm thinking real hard about Ft. Myers!!!
5. Me... I've been waiting all winter for the first coverage of Twins baseball and my schedule is jammed. I gotta post the game thread early. Record the game for watching later and I can't participate in the game thread because I'm booked on a Saturday of all days. Does anyone feel bad for me?
Have fun... Everyone is welcome to participate. For anyone new or old... The game thread is like a bunch of people in the LF bleachers watching the game... Talking about the game or anything else on their mind and we mean anything... Jump in feet first and have fun. It's not an exclusive club... It's all inclusive... Some of us may dominate the conversation. That's cause we are loud mouths and I mean that respectfully. Get loud with us and we won't be so dominate.
No arguing is about the only rule we follow and that's because nobody finds that fun. We are all about fun and friendship. If someone takes a jab at you... Assume its in fun because it probably is. Oh yeah... And stay away from those 7 words in the George Carlin bit!!! Try for PG-13.
I'll try get a pre-season game thread up for all televised games.
Edited by Riverbrian, 28 February 2014 - 10:34 PM.