Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Who ARE You People?!?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,954 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...RE-You-People-!

#2 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Happy to do it, especially if this will result in me no longer getting the diarrhea/stomach upset ad on the right side of the screen.

#3 CRArko

CRArko

Citizen of the Cosmos

• Members
  • 1,425 posts
  • LocationThe outer edge of the Milky Way.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

On the Internet, nobody knows we're all dogs.

I'll ask my human to take the survey, though.

#4 beckmt

beckmt

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

Do not know if I can help, but took the survey.

#5 Twins Daily Admin

Twins Daily Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Thanks gang!

#6 Jdosen

Jdosen

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

I've been on board for so long that I couldn't answer how I was referred to AG.com etc. I remember reading him and SethSpeaks.net when I was in like 7th grade every day.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,443 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

I've been on board for so long that I couldn't answer how I was referred to AG.com etc. I remember reading him and SethSpeaks.net when I was in like 7th grade every day.

Making me feel old!!! Oh yeah, I am old...

#8 AM.

AM.

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

We are no one to be trifled with.

#9 Blake

Blake

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Considering I live 2,000 miles away from Minnesota these days, the questions didn't really apply.

#10 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

Took the survey. The weird, useless data is mine. (Yes, I usually do go out to eat in Arlington, TX, before I go to Twins games. )

#11 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

How long ago was it that Aaron was writing his "Free Johan" articles?

#12 Kwak

Kwak

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

I read where the preffered demographic is: Female, age 18-45. So, OK, that's who I am!

#13 Original_JB

Original_JB

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:51 AM

Hmm. Been reading Aaron shortly after he started AG.com. How long ago was that? Re; where do I go to have drinks? About 50% of the time, whichever lot I'm parked in.

#14 luckylager

luckylager

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Done.

#15 Ctwink

Ctwink

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

I've been going AG.com so long that I had no idea how I got there. Pretty sure it had something to do with Bat-girl, but not sure if AG directed me to Bat-girl or vice versa...

#16 108 Double Stitches

108 Double Stitches

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

Add me to the camp, so long I can't remember. I think I remember looking for something about Twins minor leaguers and I found Seth. For a minor league/Twins junky, you couldn't ask for more than Seth.

I am so old I remember seeing game in Orlandok, when they were a Twins affiliate, and Knoblauch had just moved to 2B from ss because he had a clearer path to the major and his arm was nothing special (foreshadowing?). I sat in the bleachers next to the wife of the opening day starter, a young prospect out of panama. Can't remember who he was, but I am sure Seth could give stats on him if he was pressed. Probably off the top of his head, too.

#17 JasonDRuiz

JasonDRuiz

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Who is your sponsor? Curious to better understand the business aspect of this site and how your are financed/operated.

#18 DAM DC Twins Fans

DAM DC Twins Fans

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Seth--you aren't old. I am old. I remember going to games at Ebbets Field and the Polo Grounds as a kid. That's old.

I did take survey--not sure how much it helps since I live in DC area and don't drink.

#19 mini_tb

mini_tb

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

Do you consider yourself a beer enthusiast amused me on a questionnaire with so few questions. I would have thought there would have been more entertainment or employment related questions. Kinda makes me thing Summit might be one of the sponsors involved in this...

#20 mini_tb

mini_tb

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Seth--you aren't old. I am old. I remember going to games at Ebbets Field and the Polo Grounds as a kid. That's old.

That makes you a grizzled veteran.

#21 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,734 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Do you consider yourself a beer enthusiast amused me on a questionnaire with so few questions. I would have thought there would have been more entertainment or employment related questions. Kinda makes me thing Summit might be one of the sponsors involved in this...

fine_police_work.jpg

#22 TDavis10025

TDavis10025

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Done.

#23 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,723 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Who am I?

I'm the person who hates giving out personal information in surveys -- especially zip codes (for some of us, just giving out our zip code takes away a lot of the anonymity.)

I did answer about 1/2 the questions though. I appreciate that you offer this site for free and that advertising allows you to do that. But since I'm not much of a beer drinker, not a gambler, don't like video games and am too old to be desirable to advertisers anyway, I don't think it made much difference. :)

#24 jakobgolson

jakobgolson

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Happy to do it, especially if this will result in me no longer getting the diarrhea/stomach upset ad on the right side of the screen.

If you use Google Chrome, you can just get the app called "Add Blocker Plus" from the app store (its free)

It is the best thing ive ever done for my internet. No adds at all...

#25 chuchadoro

chuchadoro

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNordeast

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

What do you mean by "you people"? :P

#26 ScrapTheNickname

ScrapTheNickname

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

I did take survey--not sure how much it helps since I live in DC area and don't drink.

There are a lot of nasty things about getting old but having memories that fewer and fewer people have can be a good thing. I am 56 and I have much feeling for the way baseball used to be, especially when the minor leagues were independent and thus were not just breeding grounds for the Major League.

#27 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Sorry, but given my demographic, my poll response probably canceled yours out and we'll continue seeing those ads.
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]

#28 Twins fan in Spain

Twins fan in Spain

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

I finally signed up for this site after years of lurking. i´m pretty sure they didn´t want my zip here in Spain. I´ve been following Twins Daily/ SethSpeaks as well as the G&G podcast for a long time. Keeps me feeling connected to the home country.

#29 SydneyTwinsFan

SydneyTwinsFan

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Done. Maybe now Summit will export to Australia...

#30 MileHighTwinsFan

MileHighTwinsFan

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

Should have asked where people live - assumes that all who visit are from MN.