Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

List of overall rankings

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Hi guys,

This website made a composite of all prospect rankings - http://mlbcpi.blogspot.com/

Based on 10 different sites, the Twins prospects are
Buxton - 1
Sano - 7
Meyer - 28
Stewart - 39
Rosario - 79
Berrios - 106
Pinto -119
Thorpe - 144

#2 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Thorpe is going to rocket up lists after this year. I'm really excited to watch him, Jorge, Stewart, Gonsalves pitch this year. If they all start in Cedar Rapids they will dominate the league.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#3 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Thorpe is going to rocket up lists after this year. I'm really excited to watch him, Jorge, Stewart, Gonsalves pitch this year. If they all start in Cedar Rapids they will dominate the league.

Agreed. That could be a real fun rotation to watch.

#4 Oxtung

Oxtung

I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk.

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

They won't all start there. I'd be surprised if more than 2 of them start the season in CR's rotation. Personally I think Felix Jorge is the only one to start there. I think a second will start in EST but get a call up relatively early as a way to manage innings and the weather.

#5 oldguy10

oldguy10

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Another huge assumption about those pitchers dominating the league, obviously other teams too have some intriguing young pitchers.

#6 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Another huge assumption about those pitchers dominating the league, obviously other teams too have some intriguing young pitchers.

If you can't get excited about that group of young pitchers....
Do or do not. There is no try.

#7 JustinCB

JustinCB

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

What's "FA?" It wasn't listed in the key he had up, but it was the only list that didn't have Buxton number 1 (apparently went [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]Bogaerts[/FONT][/COLOR]/Sano/Buxton, which, fine split hairs if you want, but somebody's always gotta be different for different's sake, don't they?)

At any rate, nice to see the Twins with 4 consensus top 40 guys. The average is ~1 and a number of teams don't have any.

Edited by JustinCB, 25 February 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#8 oldguy10

oldguy10

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

I am excited about the pitchers mentioned and being in Cedar Rapids this season but surely there are other prospect pitchers with other organizations who will also do fine in that league, the Twins do not have a corner on them I am sure.

#9 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,838 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I am excited about the pitchers mentioned and being in Cedar Rapids this season but surely there are other prospect pitchers with other organizations who will also do fine in that league, the Twins do not have a corner on them I am sure.

Consult the user Forums on Other29TeamsDaily for information about these exciting prospects. :)

#10 oldguy10

oldguy10

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

ashburyjohn - need help in accessing what you mentioned in your post of 2:11 pm today, specifically Other29TeamsDaily. How do I find it on the Twins Daily website?

#11 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,838 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

ashburyjohn - need help in accessing what you mentioned in your post of 2:11 pm today, specifically Other29TeamsDaily. How do I find it on the Twins Daily website?

While I assume you are playing along with my little joke, a serious take on this is that if you click on Forums (or Forums Home), below the forums called "Minnesota Twins Talk" and "Twins Minor League Talk" there is "More Baseball", and if you go in there you could start a thread on any topic under the (baseball) sun. I doubt you'll find any threads already there talking much about other teams' prospects, but on any given day you never know.