Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Spring Training Preview

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...raining-Preview

#2 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

One other thing I forgot to mention: If any of you will be down at the complex in Ft. Myers next month, please come say hi!

#3 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Giddy-Freaking-up!

#4 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,810 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

I can't wait for my snowbird years when I'm down there the whole time. As it is I'll just have to settle for my 2 weeks in March.

Will you be in a set location at all? Or wandering? How will you 'distinguish' yourselves from the crowd in order for us to find you to say 'hi?'

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown

#5 Carneal&Gordon

Carneal&Gordon

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Congrats on 3 year anniversary, well done!

#6 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

I'm looking for more contact from all the players more than I am more pop. Closest category to league average the Twins had last year was homeruns. The strikeouts were the hardest thing to watch for me.

#7 Heimer

Heimer

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

I want to be updated on Hicks and why we should trade some bull pen arms, thanks for asking.

#8 Lazarus

Lazarus

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

On the rare occasion that I've been able to get to Ft. Myers during Spring Training, I've enjoyed watching the early workouts at the back fields to see who is getting more personalized attention and what specific things the coaches are having the players work on. Since the fences are so close to the action, you can often hear the conversations. Including updates on some of these sessions would be insightful for the snowbound masses.

#9 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Looks like I joined on the public launch date. I feel special now:o Though not as special as you moderators who joined a couple months prior.

#10 dakotanative

dakotanative

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Been around for two years, heh? What a great site. What a great group of writers and commenters. Every morning while I am having that first cup of coffee I hit sports spyder - twins and Twins Daily. Got to have my fix. With such interesting expectations going into the season I imagine my time on the site will double and I might actually go up a level or two in commenting on what is being written. Well done and wish you many years of growing success.

#11 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,389 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Well Happy Anniversary! This is a great site. I hope to meet you guys down here next month.

To wet your whistles, a little tid bit from today. These guys work hard, but also have fun. Today on the half field the pitchers were doing drills. Everyday Eddie was showing how to cover 1st base, and tripped and took a header. It wasn't much later a body outline was there in the grass where he landed in chalk outline. Never a dull moment around here.

#12 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Will you be in a set location at all? Or wandering? How will you 'distinguish' yourselves from the crowd in order for us to find you to say 'hi?'

That's a good question. We'll be in the pressbox but also wandering around, I would guess, trying to see the game from different areas. We will have some "Twins Daily" polo shirts on occasion, but probably not every day. Look for our gorgeous mugs, I guess? Or maybe we'll tweet out someplace for postgame cocktails?

#13 highlander

highlander

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

i am a certified positive homer. i love florimon's leather at ss, in time i think his stick will improve. i look for a .250 avg with 10 plus big flys. but what really excites me is hicks. sure he took his lumps last year. maybe he just needs to rob a couple home runs to get in a positive groove. he looks to me like a legit five tool guy.

#14 TC Stunner

TC Stunner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Out of Bartlett, Guerrier and Kubel, Kubel is the only one I see making the roster. I hope the Twins have him and Willingham rotating at DH. Bartlett was out of baseball last year, and Guerrier is 36, coming off of an injury. If those two make the roster, then something went horribly wrong during spring training:-)

#15 TC Stunner

TC Stunner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

i am a certified positive homer. i love florimon's leather at ss, in time i think his stick will improve. i look for a .250 avg with 10 plus big flys. but what really excites me is hicks. sure he took his lumps last year. maybe he just needs to rob a couple home runs to get in a positive groove. he looks to me like a legit five tool guy.

I agree on Hicks. I really hope he's the starting LF or CF. I think the Twins should only use Willingham as a DH, cause they really need his bat and cant afford for him to get injured. Hicks in LF, Pressley in CF and Arcia in RF or Arcia in LF, Hicks in CF and Collabello/Parmelee in RF. I really hope Hicks works out because a future OF of Hicks, Buxton and Arcia sounds pretty appealing.

Edited by TC Stunner, 19 February 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#16 Don't Feed the Greed Guy

Don't Feed the Greed Guy

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

While you spotlight the top prospects (#4) in Florida, I'll be in Scottsdale for a week, watching Morneau and Cuddyer pull hamstrings and sit in rocking chairs. In a year or two they will be back in Ft. Myers, pushing Bartlett and Kubel around the bases in wheelchairs.

Edited by Don't Feed the Greed Guy, 20 February 2014 - 09:09 AM.
From "Florida" to "Ft. Myers"

#17 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Trevor May's UCL

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

SPRING HAS SPRUNG! www.isitspringtrainingyet.com

#18 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,389 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

Be sure to let us know when you'll be down, and maybe a place to look for you guys.

#19 eLee612

eLee612

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

Flight leaves in 4 hours... Fort Meyers by 2:00!! Who is already there?
Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
IG: hola.erika

#20 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Rawr!

• Twins Mods
  • 17,810 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

Flight leaves in 4 hours... Fort Meyers by 2:00!! Who is already there?

My flight leaves in 10 days, 9 1/2 hrs ... but who's counting!

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.” ~Unknown