Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:41 PM
So this is going to be a bit "target field" and all baseball stadiums (and one all sports stadiums/arenas and fans) apologies if it goes a bit to off topic in advance.
1. Allow gay/lesbian couples to appear on the "kiss cam". This is 2014, deadspin had a nice little bit about it yesterday in an article about the kiss cam. It would be awesome if the Twins were one of the first teams to do this, especially in a state that recently overturned a discriminatory law. Anyone who argues it is "taboo" for kids is just covering up for their own bigotedness/closed mindness.
2. Allow fans to take ONE beer in from the outside concourse/tailgate into the stadium. Seriously, is it really that bad? The quicker you get folks into the stadium the more you make.
3. Get rid of the no beer after the 7th inning (or 3rd QTR, or 2nd period) rule. I get that it is supposed to prevent drunk driving, but let's be honest, it doesn't. If people want to get hammered they will get hammered before the game, during the game, and after the game at a surrounding bar. The rest of us who like to enjoy a few beers during a game while having a safe ride home shouldn't be punished. There is nothing worse then having a nice few beers you in during a baseball game through 7 innings, and then have to sit there for 2 more hours as it goes into extra innings without a single brew being able to be purchased. People are gonna be responsible or not responsible, stopping beer sales at 7th inning makes no sense.
4. More Troll music for away players. I think when A-Rod or some other "hated" player comes to the plate, Target Field should play a ridiculous Bieber or one direction song. (or some old classic piece of garbage) It would keep things a bit light hearted, and provide a laugh in the midst of a 95 loss season.
5. Better contests- Contests and cheesy in between innings things will NEVER go away because of ad revenue and sponsorships. However the team should make the prizes for fans more worthwhile then a $25 gift card to a sporting store or whatever (which won't even buy a hat these days) I remember back in the day when the Royals would hide a diamond ring in the outfield and make a contestant try to find it. Now that was fun to see!
6. If there are kids around, don't swear.
7. If theren't kids around you, and you hear someone drop an occasional S bomb, or GD bomb, (without shouting) just let it go. You are adults.
8. If you are a know it all baseball PLEASE don't start correcting people, or talking loud/arguing with everyone. That is what the internet is for, sometimes it's nice to be at a game with a family/friend and just use that 3-4 hours to catch up with them.
9. Don't loudly state: "I can't believe beers are $10" Over and over at a game, yes we all realize the price of beer and food is ridiculous, you aren't the first person to realize this.
10.Bring back troughs urinals. It's efficient, quicker and pretty sure it can be much more eco friendly. Plus you bond with your fellow fan.
11. Stadiums should get soft toliet paper in their bathrooms rather then the industrial sand paper. Seriously, everything else in the stadium is sponsored, shorely they could figure out a way to make money from using nothing but Charmin.
12. Don't take thing to seriously (unless its a playoff game), remember you are there to have fun (and spend a small fortune on food/beer/swag)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald