Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Hangouts: Tuesday, February 11

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...day-February-11

#2 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hey guys, unfortunately I'm stuck at work again for another Twins hangout. What are the chances Aaron Hicks starts the season in MLB? I think he starts back in AAA and has to hit there before getting another chance at the big league level. What are some other position battles to look forward to in ST? I think Jeremy said he likes Sano to start at 3B (but maybe I'm making that up). I think Plouffe has that slot essentially locked up, but an injury could put Sano into that spot. Debinson Romero could also be a stop gap between Plouffe and Sano early in the season while Sano gets a little more seasoning in the minors.

Jason Bartlett, who's baby blue uniform pants I bought at Twins Fest for $10 is hoping to get a spot with the Twins out of ST, are his chances more or less than 30% of going north with the team?

#3 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Is Byron Buxton the player you are most looking forward to watching at Spring Training?

How many HR does he hit this spring? I know it doesn't matter, he'll likely start in AA regardless, but I'm just amped about seeing him with the big league guys.

/ edited by ashburyjohn to remove questionable material

Edited by ashburyjohn, 11 February 2014 - 09:24 PM.

#4 GoTwins

GoTwins

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

I have not heard much about Alex Wimmers. Is he still in the Twins plans?

#5 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

would the Twins be interested in trading for Oswaldo Arcias younger brother . a SS from the Brewers and what would it take to get him?

#6 Otwins

Otwins

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Enjoyed the discussion on the under the radar prospects. I am heading to spring training March10-15th. Haven't been there for over 30 years. Was wondering if you could talk some about the daily routine. Are the morning workouts open to the public? When do they run the Good Morning America drills? Will the minor league games be started by then? Are they open to the public - just stuff like that- Thanks

#7 bdhenders

bdhenders

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Are you upset that the Twins didn't go after Emilio Bonifacio? I think he was a perfect fit for the Twins, who have replacement level players at CF and SS, at least as a utility man, but he probably could have won an opening day job at one of those positions. Is this more of an indication as to where the Twins are in the rebuiliding process, wanting to give time to the younger players with upside instead of trying to win a few more games with an aging player? Of course, the Cubs are in the same boat and they went out and got him.

As a fan, I would have liked to see a few more wins and some speedy, slap-hitting, scrappy, "piranhas" style Twins action. Your thoughts would be appreciated. at less than $3 million he looks like a bargain.

#8 bdhenders

bdhenders

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

What is the one unsung prospect that has the best chance to show up on the Twins for at least a cup of coffee this year? Maybe by unsung, let's say outside most people's top 10 rankings.