- Article: Oh Snap! Vikings Botch the Game Late in Miami
Today, 08:11 PM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Today, 08:09 PM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 07:08 PM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Today, 07:07 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 05:27 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 05:23 PM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 02:13 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
Article: Twins Hangouts: Tuesday, January 28
Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:25 PM
Platoon DH? I'm all for finding the right timing for when to platoon guys, but essentially taking up two spots on the roster to fill the DH position? That would be hard to swallow.
Not if at least one of them could ably back up/start in other positions. Taking advantage of severe platoon splits might actually be the most economically viable way to solve the lack of offense (Baker or Plouffe/Kubel is one possibility, pair a LH bat with Brandon Waring, who has a high SLG and a .900+ OPS against LHP in AA/AAA, Mauer could DH for 30+ games if he needs to keep his legs fresh with a bench bat with optimal history against certain pitchers going in to play First Base, etc.).