Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Josmil Pinto: "Breakout Player"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ericchri

ericchri

Generally Clueless

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...layers-for-2014 (not behind the paywall)

David Schoenfield from ESPN has Pinto as one of his projected breakout players for the coming season, one of 5 position players he singled out. No real earth-shaking tidbits in the write-up, but nice to see somebody outside our area is hopeful about him.

#2 tcarlic

tcarlic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Read that yesterday. Good to see that he is at least on someone's national radar.

#3 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,724 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=verdana]"but the Twins are moving [/FONT][/COLOR]Joe Mauer[COLOR=#333333][FONT=verdana] to first base due to their confidence in Pinto"
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=verdana]

[SIZE=3]I really don't think that confidence in Pinto is WHY they are moving Mauer to 1B. I think Mauer would have been moved regardless. I do think that if they didn't have Pinto, they probably would have had to be a little more aggressive in the FA catching market than Kurt Suzuki.

I know that's nitpicking because I do think the Twins have confidence in Pinto and I hope he proves them (and Schoenfield) right but it isn't as if Pinto forced the issue of moving Mauer to 1B. Concerns over Mauer's health and long-term value to the club caused the move.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

#4 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

And TR anointed Kurt Suzuki the starting catcher last night...

Edited by Thrylos, 25 January 2014 - 02:42 PM.

-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98