- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Today, 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 06:42 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Yesterday, 05:58 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 17
Yesterday, 10:43 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Yesterday, 10:00 AM
- Will He/Won't He?? - Jerry Kill's future...
Yesterday, 09:43 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Yesterday, 09:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 09:03 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Dec 25 2014 07:42 PM
Hideki Matsui vs. Clete Thomas
Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:37 PM
I get that he's 37, but I suppose there's no way we could have used him as a 4th OF or DH. I suppose anyone nicknamed "Godzilla" isn't scrappy enough for the Twins roster.
Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:52 PM
The easy response is that he can't play CF, which was the primary requirements for Clete's/REvere's roster spot. But Matsui could conceivably be on the roster instead of Burroughs. (Or, a 13th pitcher, obviously.)
Burroughs can at least fill in at 3rd base and may have some shred of an upside left. Yeah, obviously anything would be better than a 13th pitcher but this is basically the same as saying in 2010/2011 that "X player would be better than having on the roster then Drew Butera/Rivera 3rd catcher"
If the Twins were actually a contending team like the Rays this year, then yeah I see why you would take a chance on a Matsui or something, but a rebuilding team has no business picking up a guy like Matsui. Especially when DH is already filled up.
Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:43 PM
Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:51 PM
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3]"And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]