Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Miguel Sano

miguel sano
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

#61 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

The Sano staying at 3B has been a controversial subject. I once was fairly entrenched in the camp of "Keep him at 3B". As we all know this is an ever changing world. It appears obvious to me now that Sano will have to move over to 1B or one of the corner OF positions. The Twins already have their 3B of the present and future... Trevor Plouffe!

#62 Turd Furgeson

Turd Furgeson

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

We have no idea what Trevor Plouffe's status will be 2-3 years from now. We don't know if he'll be able to stay at third, etc. etc. You should let Sano play third base for a year or two longer and if he's showing no progress then you move him. You can give him some reps at 1st or right field and it shouldn't take a long time for him to adjust.

#63 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Too Weird to Live. Too Rare to Die.

• Members
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

We have no idea what Trevor Plouffe's status will be 2-3 years from now. We don't know if he'll be able to stay at third, etc. etc. You should let Sano play third base for a year or two longer and if he's showing no progress then you move him. You can give him some reps at 1st or right field and it shouldn't take a long time for him to adjust.

My comments by no means were meant to be negative on Sano. Keep him at 3B as long as you can. Make sure he can play 1B, RF and LF effectively also. Versatility creates options and value. Mr. Turd, I know you are not a Plouffetist and that is okay and your choice, I am a Plouffetist and I spend many hours meditating to find my inner peace with Plouffe... my Plouffetist center. I can assure you my fellow Twins Dailian - that Plouffe is the answer.

#64 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

24 errors is a lot at this point of the season, but I just don't understand how he's still using an OF glove.

#65 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Tweet from Jon Morosi minutes ago: "#Twins 3B prospect Miguel Sano impressed at the MWL All-Star Game. “Special player,” one scout said. “Can’t take your eyes off him.”"

He was 0-1 with a walk in the game last night.

#66 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Tonight, Miguel Sano went 2-4 with a walk to raise his average to .240... He also hit his 16th home run. It was his first homer since June 11.

#67 Turd Furgeson

Turd Furgeson

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

It's a small sample size, but Sano is picking it up a bit since the All-Star break. He's sporting a .906 OPS in his past 36 plate appearances since the All-Star break.

#68 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Miguel Sano connected for his 18th home run of the year. He was 2-3 with a walk. Stole his sixth base.

#69 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

very long article but worth it...

http://sports.yahoo....SA52rMSBkE5nYcB

#70 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

He may have hit his 18th homer last night and even hit his 17th double tonight... but he was removed from the game for a pinch hitter in the 4th inning tonight after committing THREE more errors. He has 31 on the season. Wang-Wei Lin pinch hit for him. AJ Pettersen had been playing LF, moved into 3B... he immediately committed an error at 3B.

#71 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 14,325 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Seth... Anyone... Is there something specific about his defensive play. Hands... Arm accuracy... Feet. We are talking about a ton of boots here.

#72 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,735 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Sano had three more errors tonight. Maybe his size and tools would work better in the outfield.

#73 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

He will be a first baseman and there is no reason to have him consider anything else. If they want to move him to LF first, that's fine.

#74 Turd Furgeson

Turd Furgeson

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

He will be a first baseman and there is no reason to have him consider anything else. If they want to move him to LF first, that's fine.

Why wouldn't he be able to play RF? That's a position where his arm would play up. Anyway, it's a crap ton of errors but it's still too early to conclude that he'll be a first basemen and don't consider anything else.

#75 Turd Furgeson

Turd Furgeson

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Alright, what's going on with Sano? He had a 3 error game and was taken out early. Since then he missed yesterday's game and isn't in the lineup for today's game either.

#76 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Alright, what's going on with Sano? He had a 3 error game and was taken out early. Since then he missed yesterday's game and isn't in the lineup for today's game either.

Yes, is he injured or is he just getting a rest?

#77 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

He is injured, and I'm trying to figure out the severity of it. Deducing from various conversations I've heard, it doesn't sounds serious, but sounded like a few days off would be great for him.

#78 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Seth... Anyone... Is there something specific about his defensive play. Hands... Arm accuracy... Feet. We are talking about a ton of boots here.

I can only speak about the game I attended a few weeks back, but all three came into play. He was having trouble getting the ball out of the glove, which looked huge for an IF glove. His throws were solid, but all were high. He has a stutter step that probably is caused from trying to get the ball out of his oversized glove.

#79 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Why wouldn't he be able to play RF? That's a position where his arm would play up. Anyway, it's a crap ton of errors but it's still too early to conclude that he'll be a first basemen and don't consider anything else.

Yes, why couldn't he be a potential all star outfielder? Isn't he pretty fast and have a strong arm?

I hope that the injury is minor.

#80 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,050 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Was just told that Sano has been out with a IT Band/Thigh strain.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miguel sano