Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Top '13 Stories: #9 - Kyle Gibson promoted

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Twins Daily Admin

Twins Daily Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...Gibson-promoted

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Does anyone think Kyle Gibson grabs a spot in the rotation?
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#3 Sleestax

Sleestax

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Does anyone think Kyle Gibson grabs a spot in the rotation?

Yeah..he has a chance. It is wide open now...I'm afraid of hard throwing early to gain attention. Any one of these guys could be the 5th starter. Can't believe we could be offering what could be a 3 year contract to another pitcher. Maybe they needed good pitching prospects for a trade?

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 14,019 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

I want to pose this question to the twins daily audience, how do you feel about the future of Kyle Gibson with the twins? Personally, I have zero question in my mind that he will be a solid number 3 with the ability to be a number 2 at times. what do you think?

#5 Thrylos

Thrylos

They Finally fired ’em. Play Ball!

• Members
  • 7,814 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

I want to pose this question to the twins daily audience, how do you feel about the future of Kyle Gibson with the twins? Personally, I have zero question in my mind that he will be a solid number 3 with the ability to be a number 2 at times. what do you think?

Agreed. Myers, Stewart, Gibson, Nolasco, Gonsalves/Eades/Baxendale/May/Berrios/Thorpe/Felix Jorge come 2016 a nice rotation makes....
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#6 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I think he has a future with the Twins. How important of a year is 2014 for him? I hope he succeeds and spends most, or all, of 2014 with the Twins.
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#7 cmb0252

cmb0252

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

I 100% agree with you Seth. Just like Hicks, I feel people are overreacting to a player switching levels and having a bad small sample size. They could bust, prospects often do, but I'm not worried yet. Not at all.