Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Heyman: Twins exploring Jason Kubel reunion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Update: According to Darren Wolfson, the Twins have signed Kubel to a minor league deal.

CBSsports.com's Jon Heyman tweeted that the Twins were showing interest in Jason Kubel.

While he had a monster season in 2012, Kubel is coming off a horrible season split between Arizona and Cleveland, hitting .216/.293/.317 with just five home runs and a career low OPS+ of 69 (heh, 69).

When he first signed with the Diamondbacks, just like all the other departing free agents, Kubel took his shots at Target Field:

[FONT=Arial]"It's no secret that a lot of people didn't like Target Field to hit there," he said.[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]"I just feel like here, I can use the whole field and still put up power numbers instead of trying to pull the ball in the air to get it out.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]"I did get in trouble trying to do that too often, and it showed in the numbers."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]
As far as DH-ing, Kubel seemed also apprehensive to that at the time:

[/FONT]

"It can get boring," said Kubel, who split time between the outfield and DH. "You make an out, you have an at-bat that you're not happy with, you've got to sit there for about 45 minutes going over that at-bat until you get a chance to do something again."

[FONT=Verdana]

Based on the season he just had, I'm sure Kubel will play anywhere for any price.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

"You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." -- Jim Bouton, "Ball Four"

#2 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 23,065 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Pass. Another of my favorite Twins, but it is time to move on. Either get a high upside hitter, or try the guys in the minors, imo.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#3 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

I would bring him back if I could find a team to take Doumit.