Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Coomer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

I had WGN on for some reason and just heard that Coomer is expected to be named the new Cubs radio analyst.

If this is true- congratulations are in order. I wonder if FSN will replace him or just have Laudner, Smalley on more often.

Attached Thumbnails

• Coomer's Subliminal Message.jpg

#2 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,567 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

When I saw the thread Title... I thought we signed him? Whew!

Cubs Broadcast... That makes more sense.

Good for The Coom Dog... Congrats!!!
A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

#3 halfchest

halfchest

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

One of my favorite Twins/road trip memories was down in KC for a weekend series. We see Coomer walking into the stadium as we're driving by dropping off (drunk) friends to get in line for fountain seats and my buddy yells "COOMDOG YOU ARE AN ALLSTAR" he turns arounds, laughs and gives a salute. Made our day, gotta like a guy with a sense of humor.

Happy for him moving up, hope he ends up back in Minnesota in a broadcast role of somesort in the future.

#4 benchwarmerjim

benchwarmerjim

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

I liked Coomer as a change of pace from Bert. If he had a full season, I would probably get tired of him, but he seemed to offer up some commentary about pitch sequence and what the batter is thinking.

I would be nice if FSN finds an ex Twins player (or any player, but I doubt they would go outside of the Twins family) that played baseball in the 2000's.

#5 Trevor0333

Trevor0333

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

CooomDog!

Happy for him but I would have liked to see him in the booth full time. He has a good vibe and breaks things down nicely while being PC without sounding completely homerish. Not an easy medium to find. Bert's alright but would much rather hear Coomer in the booth.

#6 raindog

raindog

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

He's really improved as a broadcaster, and I much preferred him the Bert this year. I'm happy that he's moving up.

The sad thing is that Eddie Vedder will no longer be a Twins fan. :(