Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Discover Channel's Naked and Afraid is it fake?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thetank

thetank

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

After watching Discovery Channel's Naked and Afraid Survivor show last night as well as this past weekend there appears to be some help for the participants.

2 couples yesterday happened to find bamboo poles so they could make a raft to get to an extraction point. The poles were washed upon the shore. Some how they make a raft from these poles and take it to a shore across a dangerous bay after 21 days of hardly eating and drinking. The camera crew is filming them cross the bay where they have to climb up a hill and walk 2 miles to be extracted.

All of the reviews I've read about the show and little mention about any aid. The Dec. 8 show went 2 hours covering 2 couples over 21 days minus commercial breaks who happened to find each other after 10 days.

Comments?

#2 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,512 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

After watching Discovery Channel's Naked and Afraid Survivor show last night as well as this past weekend there appears to be some help for the participants.

2 couples yesterday happened to find bamboo poles so they could make a raft to get to an extraction point. The poles were washed upon the shore. Some how they make a raft from these poles and take it to a shore across a dangerous bay after 21 days of hardly eating and drinking. The camera crew is filming them cross the bay where they have to climb up a hill and walk 2 miles to be extracted.

All of the reviews I've read about the show and little mention about any aid. The Dec. 8 show went 2 hours covering 2 couples over 21 days minus commercial breaks who happened to find each other after 10 days.

Comments?

I am watching this now -- your post inspired me to look for this show. The narrator said that they get no help except in life threatening situations.

#3 thetank

thetank

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

The bamboo posts washing up onshore seem like they were put there to help them build a raft in the last show.