- Like the they're getting runners in scoring position, James Shields is good, but would like to get the runs in. Like our offense.
- If Twins win today, would be a 4-3 road trip between NYY and TB!
- Morneau is swinging good. DH today. At home, you'll see him playing some 1B. He's anxious to get out there. Had a great series in NY. Gardy and Morneau talk before and after every game.
- Mauer-Willingham-Morneau - Why? - Willingham is swinging well. Lefties are swinging and missing more. Perfect situtation to split them up. Makes decision for other manager tougher.
- Carroll down in order - Would do it if he really struggled. But he does all the little things like moving people over. Like him there now because he takes so many pitches which helps everyone.
Notes from the Ron Gardenhire Show (on 1500ESPN)
Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:38 AM
Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:50 AM
Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:00 AM
Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:49 AM
I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?
Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:09 AM
How long will they wait on Casilla? He's not young, he has a lot of MLB time and at bats, and he's shown over time that he cannot be trusted to be an effective, every day player.
He was really solid from May through July last year... then was hurt. It's a fair question, but as long as he's healthy, I don't have a problem with him. It would be nice to give him a day or so though!
Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:48 AM
Denard just said that wasn't a good pitch. Thought it could have been handled better. Denard said, "I'm not disrespecting you" one too many times.
Seriously? The D-word is now a magic word for getting tossed out of a game? Pretty thin skin on some umpires.
Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:12 PM
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch