I've seen this repeatedly mentioned, and I have to admit I don't get it. Do people think that Mauer is going to forget everything he knew about catching and hitters in the league because he's changing spots?
And I think Terry Steinbach understands a thing or two about the position as well. Pinto is not going to lack for capable instruction.
Now if you're just worried Pinto can't cut it, just say that. But if there was ever a best year to learn on the job, this may be it. But if there is a problem, I'd think that's why they added Fryer to the 40-man.
Personally, I like a mix of Pinto and Hermann for this year.
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Yesterday, 10:05 PM
- Barr Out for the Remainder of the Season with Knee Surgery
Yesterday, 09:03 PM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Yesterday, 01:29 PM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Yesterday, 11:17 AM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Dec 18 2014 09:57 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Dec 18 2014 09:00 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Next Year's Optimism, Playing Rookies and Draft Strategy
Dec 18 2014 07:24 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 16 Rankings
Dec 18 2014 02:16 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 16
Dec 17 2014 05:17 PM
- NFLPA files lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Peterson
Dec 17 2014 12:30 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email