I've seen this repeatedly mentioned, and I have to admit I don't get it. Do people think that Mauer is going to forget everything he knew about catching and hitters in the league because he's changing spots?
And I think Terry Steinbach understands a thing or two about the position as well. Pinto is not going to lack for capable instruction.
Now if you're just worried Pinto can't cut it, just say that. But if there was ever a best year to learn on the job, this may be it. But if there is a problem, I'd think that's why they added Fryer to the 40-man.
Personally, I like a mix of Pinto and Hermann for this year.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Article: The Time is Now.
Today, 02:42 PM
- What does Cassel need to do to lose/keep his job?
Today, 02:32 PM
- Article: The Hits Just Keep On Coming
Today, 02:28 PM
- Article: Vikings-Saints Preview - Battling A Strong Brees
Today, 11:35 AM
- Read: The Worst Kind Of Adrian Peterson Article
Today, 10:46 AM
- Article: Munnerlyn Comes To The Defense Of Peterson
Today, 09:26 AM