I've seen this repeatedly mentioned, and I have to admit I don't get it. Do people think that Mauer is going to forget everything he knew about catching and hitters in the league because he's changing spots?
And I think Terry Steinbach understands a thing or two about the position as well. Pinto is not going to lack for capable instruction.
Now if you're just worried Pinto can't cut it, just say that. But if there was ever a best year to learn on the job, this may be it. But if there is a problem, I'd think that's why they added Fryer to the 40-man.
Personally, I like a mix of Pinto and Hermann for this year.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Ouch, All Day Foundation Suspends Operations...
Today, 09:17 PM
- Governor Dayton Calls for Vikings to suspend Adrian Peterson
Today, 09:12 PM
- Play Action Pass Chalk Talk
Today, 08:59 PM
- An Open Letter to Zygi and Rick
Today, 08:20 PM
- Article: Can Matt Asiata Really Bear the Backup Burden?
Today, 07:57 PM
- Article: Time To Take A Stand
Today, 07:56 PM