Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Thank You From Twins Daily

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...rom-Twins-Daily

#2 TFelton

TFelton

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

Twins Daily Guys and Regular Posters:

Thank you for your efforts. I am a lurker at best and I fully enjoy your site. It is a go-to site every morning and multiple times during the day when I am in the office.

I remember word getting out on Torii Hunter on the night before Thanksgiving (signing with Angels) and tonight I see you guys on top of the Nolasco story, so for me, tonight is a night I am very aware of regarding signings.

A lot of smart people posting a lot of detail which is intimidating to me while I will get more involved here when time allows. Very appreciative to the information and still enjoying re-reading the off-season handbook. Handbook is a lot of work and well done.

I even enjoy the over-worked and re-worked topics and the minor corrections leading to major battles by the posters - entertaining to see the sarcasm too which I really enjoy to read and better understand from certain posters the more they post - feels like I know them.

I love baseball. I have a boy playing (and I coach) and he is getting to the age where he follows the Twins too, so it provides great discussion material.

Have a great Thanksgiving and again, the thanks is to you guys for having the courage and vision to do this.

#3 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

I love this site. I don't regularly contribute to the discussion, but everyone has great information on the players and team. Thanks guys

#4 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Well done, guys. I haven't been able to post much lately (work and such), but TwinsDaily remains the go-to place for Twins news, discussion, commentary, and (just as important) humor.

#5 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Right back atcha. Thanks to those who concieved of this, put it together, and keep it running. The rest of us appreciate it.

#6 pierre75275

pierre75275

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

thank you to all who make this site a good one. it is wonderful to come here and not have to deal with the viciousness of some of the other sites especially the newspapers.

#7 OldManWinter

OldManWinter

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thanks!

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Great post, John. Thanks again for participating in this site, everyone. Without all these great contributors, we'd all be talking to empty space.

#9 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

[COLOR=#3E3E3E]

If you appreciate the forums as a place to discuss Twins news, please let them know, Without them, I assure you the forums would have disappeared months ago:[/COLOR]
glunn[COLOR=#3E3E3E], [/COLOR]snepp[COLOR=#3E3E3E], [/COLOR]Riverbrian[COLOR=#3E3E3E], [/COLOR]ashburyjohn[COLOR=#3E3E3E], [/COLOR]USAFChief[COLOR=#3E3E3E],[/COLOR]ChiTownTwinsFan[COLOR=#3E3E3E]

Appreciate it you 6 even if I despise you for being "the man".[/COLOR]

#10 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Alcohol Infused

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Twins Daily is like Twins crack. On slow days when nothing is happening as far as new articles go I get down and have to go light off a new forum post or two to get my fix

#11 Don't Feed the Greed Guy

Don't Feed the Greed Guy

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks to everyone who makes this site go.

#12 jjswol

jjswol

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationMinnesota or Florida

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

I really enjoy this site. In addition to being a very good site to read in its own right it drives a lot of traffic to other Twins blog sites. Thanks guys.

#13 twinsfan34

twinsfan34

Paul DeVos

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

This is great. I'm now almost 33 years old. And I've loved the Twins for years, my first love for sure. Baseball and Twins baseball. I was 6 in 1987. That Fall was something special. I remember when I quit baseball when the strike happened in 1994/1995. I couldn't believe the greed and any great number of things only a 13/14 year old could think of (obviously I understood very little about the business of baseball). All that to say, I've sort of ebbed and flowed at times as I've had a tough time finding Twins fans who are very involved and knowledgeable. I've dabbled in baseball research, SABR, this, that, and the other, but was looking for others who just were Twins fans through and through. Then somehow I only found this site 3 months ago, and it's brought back that childhood love. I check it 3..4..5..6..7 times a day. Great to find others who really enjoy Twins baseball.

So, for all the stuff that isn't seen, thanks. It's appreciated.

#14 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Thanks to you guys - I became tired of the bickering/negativirty on the Twins board, and this place has been great, knowledgable commentary coupled with mainly respectful discourse.

Hats off gentlemen.

#15 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,838 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

[COLOR=#3E3E3E]
Appreciate it you 6 even if I despise you for being "the man".[/COLOR]

That's one infraction point to you, and one to Brian for clicking Like.

[SIZE=1]/ I figured ChiTownTwinsFan would beat me to this, since "the man" is definitely not an apt description[/SIZE]

#16 TwinVike61

TwinVike61

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

This site is great thanks to the many people who contribute what they can. The last three years have been tough as a Twins fan but because of everyone here, I feel connected to many like-minded souls, have learned a ton about baseball, and just want to thank you all (especially the moderators and their lively banter in game threads).

#17 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

This is the best site. I visit multiple times per day. I don't interact as much as I'd like to, but I enjoy the articles, the forums and the conversation. Everyone involved has built a really impressive community. Thanks to everyone who makes this a great place to be.