- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 06:06 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 05:52 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 05:48 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 05:42 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Yesterday, 06:15 AM
- Article: Pro Bowl Shuts Out Vikings
Dec 23 2014 11:28 PM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Dec 23 2014 12:00 PM
My Blueprint! Is Depressing
Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:26 PM
2. You want an innings eater? You got him! Bronson Arroyo - 3 years 32 million. I think the extra year is what will pull him away from the Giants and land him in Minnesota. He would be 40(close enough) at the end of the deal. With his history, at least 32 starts per year since 2005, there is no reason to think he will be a waste of money.
3. Fine, everyone is doing it, Phil Hughes - 1 year 12 million.
4. Resign Pelfrey - 2 years 14 million. This isn't what I want but it will happen regardless so why fight it?
That concludes the additions segment. Now on to the team outline!
1B- Parmelee and Colabello will platoon at 1B. This stops when one of the following things happen; One of them out preforms the other and looks like an adequate first basemen, One of them is just so terrible that the other will be forced into extended play at the position, Sano comes up and Plouffe has been playing better than the both of them so he takes over at first, or Mauer needs to stop catching because of health issues/risks or Pinto is dominating as the back up. (What?! Pinto is the back up?! When did that happen?!) Well I'm getting to it, so calm down Baseball Junkies! You will get your fix. Unbelievable. Mauer would be playing first on his days off, obviously.
2B- Dozier has clearly earned this spot. I would however have him play some shortstop in spring training for when Rosario comes up... Call up Rosario as soon as he appears ready. I think that will be in June. He is a terrific average hitter and he didn't seem over matched during the WBC against some MLB pitchers. I don't see him having any troubles at the position defensively, either. When he comes up he is the new starter at 2B. That is his future with this team, not the OF.
SS- Florimon begins the year as the starter but is moved to bench duty when Rosario comes up and Dozier takes over at SS. Yes, this is assuming a lot but it's my Blueprint so back off. I honestly believe that he will be an above average SS like he was in the minors (unless one of you pulls up a stat from his minors that proves that statement wrong). I believe that his rookie year was a fluke and that the problems he experienced on defense were more from mental issues from his struggles in general. He's past that, let's all move on.
3B- This goes to Plouffe and there is no reason to sign a third basemen because Sano will be up in about July. My guess is after the Futures Game and that is based on absolutely nothing. Sano becomes the regular 3Bman while Plouffe moves to first or the bench.
C- Mauer sucks and should be the back up. Did you see Pinto's numbers in September?! I kid, of course, but I do think that Pinto has enough plate discipline and plenty of offense/ work ethic/talent/defense to back him up so we never see Doumit back there again.
RF- Arcia. He is a beast and his numbers will be amazing this year. I truly believe that. No need for a back up, but Doumit/Parmelee/Colabello are available.
CF- Presley will start the year in center. The only way he is moving from this position is if either Hicks or Buxton explode onto the scene and force him to move to 4th outfielder duty (Mastroanni to start with). I don't see Hicks doing enough to get a call-up, unless there is an injury, prior to September. Buxton will debut in 2015.
LF- Willingham with Mastro/Doumit/Colabello/Parmelee/Arcia backing him up. Willingham will improve this year and be trading for something that we will all be underwhelmed by at the deadline (along with Doumit).
DH- Doumit for the most part until the trade deadline.
1. Arroyo (The Twins Bulldog Vet will be the opening day starter. Write that down.)
Alright! There you have it! feel free to rip me apart in the comments. I enjoy it. Also I might have over paid for a few pitchers but we have the money and if we want them than that is what it takes, pay the man!
Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:44 AM
(I hope they take Johan on a flier and wing it from there).
Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:32 AM
I can't see them signing that many SPs, nor would I do so.
What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you.
Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:39 PM