Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Tim Dierkes free agent predictions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

Of course this means nothing but Tim Dierkes at mlbtraderumors wrote out his guesses as to where the top 50 free agents sign. He has the Twins signing Kazmir (high upside but high risk, IMO) and James Loney to play first base. (I think I'd prefer a RH power bat like Hart over Loney but Loney does play good defense, which is important).

2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

He also guesses that the Dodgers sign Tanaka, Morneau goes to the Rays and Joe Nathan to the Tigers (which makes so much sense I hate it).

#2 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

The thought of Kazmir being the only free agent signed pitcher for us makes me want to start practicing throwing up a little bit early.

#3 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Kazmir at 2/16 sounds pretty good. I'd still like an additional guy on a longer term, but even Kazmir would be a step up from most of TR's past FA starter acquisitions.

Not sure I want any part of Loney -- Tampa has the 1B magic lately, I am pretty sure he'd come down a bit here. Tampa is a great destination for Morneau, though.

#4 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Kazmir at 2/16 sounds pretty good. I'd still like an additional guy on a longer term, but even Kazmir would be a step up from most of TR's past FA starter acquisitions.

Not sure I want any part of Loney -- Tampa has the 1B magic lately, I am pretty sure he'd come down a bit here. Tampa is a great destination for Morneau, though.

I would agree that Kazmir paired with a higher impact arm wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'm basing my preemptive spewing on Kazmir being our prized arm of the offseason, a la Correia last year. Preaching to the choir though.

#5 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

2013 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

He got the easy ones right last year

#6 The Wise One

The Wise One

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

I have a little trouble believing someone who is predicting the Astros and the Padres to sign free agents