Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Bryz-Gornia

Andrew Bryz-Gornia

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

1. I went to my profile to edit my information. I was able to do my biography without a problem, but once I finished with that, I was unable to edit my location, occupation, or interests. I had to leave my profile and then return in order to edit another thing, but then the same problem occurred. If possible, I'd want to be able to edit all of my info at once instead of having to leave the page and return in order to do each single portion. 2. I think the minimum number of characters for "Interests" could be increased. I tried typing two full sentences and quickly learned that won't be possible. I understand if you may want to prevent some of us from finding our inner middle schooler in attempting to post every single thing we've ever liked in our lifetimes, but I think it could be extended a little bit. Perhaps doubling the minimum would be enough. 3. I figured out that I could edit things under "Settings," but I'd prefer to be able to access the edit functions from my profile page. This isn't a major complaint though, as going to Settings instead isn't a severe inconvenience, and I understand if you want to keep our profiles free from too many Edit buttons. Edit: I see that if I go to Settings first, I can edit my Biography, Location, Interests, and Occupation all at once.

Edited by Andrew Bryz-Gornia, 25 January 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,562 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

I thought that having a forum for questions you're having as you're walking through the site would be good and allow for discussion between all of us... but maybe another good reason for it is to figure things out for yourself as you type in the comments. Ha! Good feedback, Andrew!

#3 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

Were you able to add an avatar? I had no problem adding a profile picture, but when I clicked "edit avatar" I didn't see a way to add one.
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]

#4 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

That's odd, Jim. When you click "Edit Avatar" it should give you the option to enter an image URL or upload one from your computer.

#5 Kirsten Brown

Kirsten Brown

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

I had the same problem that Andrew had with editing the profile stuff. I was able to add an avatar, but not from the "Edit Profile" area. I can't really remember how I did it. I'll try to recreate my steps and I'll let you know.

EDIT: Ok, to add an avatar, click the "Settings" link up top and then on the left there will be an "Edit Avatar" link. However, I don't see the avatar here, but I do see in on my blog entry.

Edited by Kirsten Brown, 29 January 2012 - 04:44 PM.
I remembered

#6 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Here's what I see when I click on the "edit avatar" link: No Avatar Specified Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post. Do not use an avatar Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it. But that's it. Can't even "deselect" the "Do not use an avatar". I see no way to actually ADD an avatar. Really odd. I've looked for an ADD Avatar link, but haven't seen one. I don't see an avatar on k-bro's posts either, so now I'm wondering if you have some kind of setting that only allows avatars for "members" of a certain level in the hierarchy?

Edited by Jim Crikket, 02 February 2012 - 09:13 PM.

[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

#7 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Looks like we found the issue and have fixed it. It appears you were right Jim -- seems to have been a permission setting. Try uploading one now.

#8 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yep, appears it's fixed. Thanks.
[/COLOR]

#9 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Locationlittle sioux river

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

how can i shrink an oversized url to the 80 x 89 max?

#10 Musk21

Musk21

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

how can i shrink an oversized url to the 80 x 89 max?

Hawk, if you're going to use that Jerry pic, just right click it and save it to your computer. Should work for you then.

#11 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Locationlittle sioux river

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

i love you muskie