Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

technical question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

At some point today, I lost the forum navigation device that was at the bottom of each page. Is that due to something I did, or a change to site software?

#2 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

yeah, I noticed that, too ... I miss the 'top of the page' button.

Idiots will be idiots. Recognize it and don't be one yourself or engage in pointless dialog. Unless you are trying to entertain yourself.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,618 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

At some point today, I lost the forum navigation device that was at the bottom of each page. Is that due to something I did, or a change to site software?

In an effort to speed up the site, I turned off some of the lesser-used functionality.

We're going to run with it this way for a few days... If I see a marked improvement, I'll turn back on some of the those features that users want back. Touch back here in a week and we'll see how things are going. Or shoot me a PM. That works too.

#4 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

It is much faster. Given that, I'll deal with the other.

Idiots will be idiots. Recognize it and don't be one yourself or engage in pointless dialog. Unless you are trying to entertain yourself.

#5 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Yes, it was something you did. Chief broke Twins Daily and I'm telling!

#6 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Don't suppose you could turn off some of the flash apps.. There's a flash app that consistently causes my browser to freeze up until I get a error saying that adobe flash isn't running properly, do you want to abort the script?.

#7 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

In an effort to speed up the site, I turned off some of the lesser-used functionality.

We're going to run with it this way for a few days... If I see a marked improvement, I'll turn back on some of the those features that users want back. Touch back here in a week and we'll see how things are going. Or shoot me a PM. That works too.

I used that feature all the time. I might be the only one, but if that can be turned back on, I'd appreciate it.