Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Repeal this injustice!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 FreeVodkaDave

FreeVodkaDave

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

We are the 1%!!! (The 1% who actually possess a sense of humor.) FREE VODKADAVE!!!!

#2 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

What happened to VodkaDave?

#3 The Greatest Poster Alive

The Greatest Poster Alive

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

reinstate dave or an army of alts shall invade this board! And to those of you who think of stopping us...

Posted Image

#4 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Moved to "About Twins Daily" forum.

#5 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

What happened to VodkaDave?

I banned vodkadave today for his "Fake Liriano News" thread. This was after having to delete several posts earlier this month for personal attacks. I informed him in a personal message what I was doing, why I was doing it, and offered to consider reinstating him in a month if he was interested.

#6 FreeVodkaDave

FreeVodkaDave

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Could we then please get this forum's definition of the word "irreverent" that makes up 1/4 of its description to avoid further confusion? The one I tend to hear implies that some semblance of a sense of humor may be involved.

#7 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

A sense of humor is one thing. We have several satirical posts, critical threads, etc. Deliberately posting a report as news to mislead the community isn't a joke, it's spam, and destructive spam at that, as it weakens the overall credibility of the community. And we ban spammers.

#8 FreeVodkaDave

FreeVodkaDave

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

In that case, I hope the al Qaeda terrorist sleeper cell responsible for Rick-rolling never finds this place. I'll hold you all in my thoughts and prayers that such a terrible fate not befall the site.

#9 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I banned vodkadave today for his "Fake Liriano News" thread. This was after having to delete several posts earlier this month for personal attacks. I informed him in a personal message what I was doing, why I was doing it, and offered to consider reinstating him in a month if he was interested.

No, actually you never informed me in a personal message "what you were doing, why you were doing and that you would reconsider bringing me back after 1 month" First off, one month? LOL slow down Roger Goodell. 2nd off, if you wanted to respond to me directly, I sent you a personal message or whatever you kids call it on facebook.

Personal attacks? Me thinks not, you got pissed because I swore one time, and I apologized, I criticized those who tried to bring up the claim that the Twins were somehow "racists" by the most loosely based logic ever posted on the internet. Or at least outside of 4chan.

#10 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

A sense of humor is one thing. We have several satirical posts, critical threads, etc. Deliberately posting a report as news to mislead the community isn't a joke, it's spam, and destructive spam at that, as it weakens the overall credibility of the community. And we ban spammers.

Destructive Spam? Credibility?

This isn't the New York Times Bonnes... is this same the same "credible" site that as recently as this week (by its creator) suggested that the Twins front office is racist with no basis what so ever?

The same credible site where people talk about calling up 19 year olds who have never seen full season A ball into the major leagues? Sorry about hurting your credibility with my "destructive spam" which by the way increased your page views about 20x over a 30 minute period.

#11 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

This isn't the New York Times Bonnes... is this same the same "credible" site that as recently as this week (by its creator) suggested that the Twins front office is racist with no basis what so ever?

The same credible site where people talk about calling up 19 year olds who have never seen full season A ball into the major leagues? Sorry about hurting your credibility with my "destructive spam" which by the way increased your page views about 20x over a 30 minute period.

A: He wasn't claiming that the Twins organization is racist. Such subtlety is lost on you, apparently. It is a legitimate question to bring up and it wasn't totally unsupported.

B: A and the proposal of calling up Sano weren't presented as NEWS. You, quite bizarrely, actually, introduced a believable piece of information and actually tried to attribute it to somebody. You were lying.

#12 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

It is a legitimate question to bring up and it wasn't totally unsupported.

Except when it isn't a legitimate question to bring up, and it was totally unsupported (other than a random post on the internet by some random dude with a blog)

#13 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Oh great Oracle of baseball, whatever shall we do without your infinite wisdom?!

#14 ghostofgleemansflab

ghostofgleemansflab

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

Without knowing what got erased or earned a ban, this guy's really not out of line if he called out someone as an idiot for suggesting that 1. Sano isn't close to ready for the big leagues (there are really those out there that would want to ruin the future number 1 overall prospect?) and 2. A big league office making moves based on race in the 21st century. I don't know the backstory, but had I been registered at the time and read those posts, I would have called out the fools too.

#15 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Without knowing what got erased or earned a ban, this guy's really not out of line if he called out someone as an idiot for suggesting that 1. Sano isn't close to ready for the big leagues (there are really those out there that would want to ruin the future number 1 overall prospect?) and 2. A big league office making moves based on race in the 21st century.

I don't know the backstory, but had I been registered at the time and read those posts, I would have called out the fools too.

Um, just read in this thread for all you need to know.