Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Braves Lose

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fatt Crapps

Fatt Crapps

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

McCann slugged a solid .000

:s-bluecap::s-bluecap::s-bluecap::s-bluecap::s-bluecap:

#2 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Today's Fred Rogers Mean Mean Pride

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

I might be going out on a limb here, but I am assuming you are no fan of the Braves and Brian McCann.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#3 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

The Dodgers are a big money team, but after their previous owner was such a dou**e I am happy for the Dodger fans.

Good for them, and GO PIRATES!

I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost 3 days already.

#4 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

I might be going out on a limb here, but I am assuming you are no fan of the Braves and Brian McCann.

You, sir, are a brave man.

I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost 3 days already.

#5 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

LOL The Braves make the Vikings look like a clutch team in the playoffs

:s-ctf:

#6 biggentleben

biggentleben

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

It was a heartbreaking way to end the season with the team's primary strength (bullpen) letting them down multiple times in the series. It was interesting to compare and contrast the two rosters - coming into the season I said my heart wants Braves/Tigers in the World Series, but my head says Dodgers/Tigers. The Dodgers are built well for a playoff series with Kershaw/Greinke at the top and Ryu/Nolasco to round out a solid playoff rotation, especially if the latter two are pitching in LA. It was mentioned on one of the ESPN radio broadcasts of the games that the Dodgers' playoff roster boasted a 2013 salary of almost 3 times that of the Braves' playoff roster.

The Braves were the youngest team in the National League this season and only the Astros were younger in all of baseball, so the next few years are bright in Atlanta. Glad to see them back atop the East this year, however!
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!