Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: October Mailbag!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...tober-Mailbag!

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#2 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

I like the Rays, I like Maddon, but I was smdh during the play-in game against Texas.

Bottom of the 8th, Rays up 2. Peralta is warm and raring to go out of the pen. Price at 98 pitches. 1 lefty and 2 righties due up for Texas.

Maddon leaves Price in there. OK, he's going to face the lefty then pull him. Nope, gets Martin out on some lifeless 92 mph fastballs. Now he's out of there right? Nope, stays in to face Kinsler a 4th time, gives up a double. Surely, the clock has run out for Price at this point. This was a play-in game so I think the Rays had 8 other relievers in the pen backing up Peralta. No reason to push your starter in that situation. But no, Price stayed in.

Then for reasons I can't even imagine, Andrus drops a bunt. I don't know if it was Washington's call or Andrus trying to bunt-hit, but they moved Kinsler to third and trade an out. He wasn't even the tying run! They couldn't even sacrifice him home at that point!
Anyway, price finished the game, one for the record books, yadda yadda Rays win.

Edited by Willihammer, 04 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.