Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Coste to Coach Concordia

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Concordia's Burgau to make way for Coste as head coach | INFORUM | Fargo, ND

Most here may not care too much, but it's finally official, so I'll put in a plug for a good friend and my alma mater.

According to the above Fargo Forum article, the 33 Year Old Rookie, Chris Coste, will be taking over the head coaching job from Bucky Burgau at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN. Burgau has coached the Cobbers for 36 seasons and 2014 will be his final. Coste, who started Game 1 of the 2008 World Series for the Phillies against Scott Kazmir and the Rays, is a Fargo native who was a three-time MIAC Player of the Year. He went undrafted and played independent baseball, primarily for the Fargo-Moorhead Red Hawks, until he finally got a chance in affiliated ball. A couple of years later, he became a 33-year-old rookie and had a couple of nice seasons as the Phillies backup.

He wrote The 33 Year Old Rookie (The 33-Year-Old Rookie: My 13-Year Journey from the Minor Leagues to the World Series: Chris Coste: 9780345507037: Amazon.com: Books), and I'm even pictured in it... OK, you should order it because he's a good guy and it's a good baseball book. He was at Concordia for the 1993-1995 seasons. I was on the 1994 and 1995 teams.

So, only fellow Cobbers and The Voice of Reason (A huge Phillies fan) probably are interested, but it is fun to follow some good stories.

#2 Thor

Thor

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

I heard that on Jack Michaels show today. Some here still care about a good story and small time athletics where kids play because they want to not because they are entitled and groomed for the bigs.