Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Parmelee next?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Not sure if this has been asked in a serious way yet, but given the acquisition of Clete Thomas and the return of Morneau to at least playing first a bit, shouldn't Chris Parmelee go to Rochester? This would be much much better for Parmelee and much better for someone like Plouffe.

#2 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

It was discussed briefly on the broadcast tonight. Made it sound like Parmalee might get some right-field time and that for the short-term Morneau at first wasn't a full-fledged shift yet. I would imagine this will become a bigger issue down the road, but not quite yet.

#3 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

If tonight's lineup can keep producing like they did tonight and Morneau shows some resilience then I see that as the right move in the not too distant future. Parmelee would be better served grooving his swing in Rochester.

#4 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Parmelee to ROC is the next move.......next wk or 2.....& the return of Drew Butera is the callup. No question about it.

#5 shs_59

shs_59

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

I agree 100% Parmelee may even need to go to New Britian for lack of 1B's south of Rochester. Parmelee needs to play everyday in a lower level.

Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AAA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-A) 5. J.O. Berrios (P-AA) 6.Nick Gordon (SS-RK)  7. *Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8.Jorge Polanco (2B-AA)  9. L. Thorpe (SP-A) 10. *Trevor May (SP-AAA) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-AAA) 12.Travis Harrison (OF-A+) 13.Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A+) 15.Nick Burdi (RP-A)  Just Missed :P P Tyler Duffey, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

#6 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Parmelee to ROC is the next move.......next wk or 2.....& the return of Drew Butera is the callup. No question about it.

I actually doubt that. I would choose either Bates or Carson. Bates will hit well enough (a Dinkelman+) and Carson can slug. This would provide some situational depth with Clete Thomas. Parmelee should not be used for situational depth.

#7 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I posted before I saw what Chris Colabello did for New Britain tonight. I am impressed with that guy.

#8 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

I agree 100% Parmelee may even need to go to New Britian for lack of 1B's south of Rochester.

Parmelee needs to play everyday in a lower level.

Completely disagree. Parmelee has more than held his own at the Major League level, so dropping him all the way to AA will not help his game at this point. If he's only going to get 4-8 AB a week with the Big Club, then he should be sent down to Rochester and play 6+ times a week, batting either third or fourth (with Joe Benson taking the other spot).