This thread includes comments and elaboration from the TD moderators. TD members are welcome to comment by posting here instead.
Twins Daily Comment Policy
We believe Black Lives Matter and that all people deserve to participate in our conversations. We will be inclusive in our language, our tone, and our actions.
Inclusiveness is language that is free from words, phrases or tones that reflect prejudiced, stereotyped or discriminatory views of particular people or groups. It is also language that does not deliberately or inadvertently exclude people from being seen as part of a group. Inclusive language is sometimes called non-discriminatory language.
We do NOT want to stifle conversations around sensitive topics. We DO want to remove comments and language that would make anyone feel uncomfortable participating in any conversation on Twins Daily. False assumptions and stereotypes can be difficult to detect and while it's not a perfect science, try put yourself in the shoes of another gender/race/background that might be getting discussed, and try to gauge how a particular statement would make you feel. Unfairly grouped? Needlessly generalized? Objectified for the sake of someone's argument? Those are the kinds of comments we will remove.
Twins Daily prides itself on the community of fans it serves, and understands that the forums, comment sections and blogs are central to many members’ enjoyment of the site. We strive for civil, insightful, intelligent, inclusive discourse that welcomes and challenges our passionate readers. Please understand and follow these rules when posting, and consult the more detailed explanations in the comments section below if you require further guidance:
- Respect for others is expected in everything we write, and personal attacks are not allowed.
- Do not be disruptive through trolling, flame-baiting, and thread-jacking.
- A minimal level of grammar and spell-checking is required.
- Avoid inappropriate language.
- Do not copy entire stories from elsewhere on the internet.
- Commercial spam will be deleted on sight and the poster will be banned.
- The site moderators have the capability and authority to edit or delete offending posts, and/or issue warnings which are sent via the site’s Notifications system; warning points may be recorded at that time when necessary. Additional infractions (including attempts to circumvent a ban, such as alternate accounts and IP proxies) may subject you to further moderator action. Please see the comments section below for information on warning points. We always prefer to work with members to avoid bans, but will act when the best interests of the site are at stake.
- If you see a posting that violates these guidelines, do not attempt to police the thread yourself with a complaint there in the thread, and most definitely do not respond with a post of your own in a similar offensive style; either approach may draw moderator actions toward yourself instead of your intended target. If it is a minor violation, it is usually better to just ignore it. However, if you believe it is a serious violation, flag the offending post to the attention of the moderators by clicking the "Report" link found at the bottom of each post (to the left of "Quote"). Appropriate action by the moderators in response to a flagged post may take some time; meanwhile just ignore the post in question, as well as anyone else’s ill-considered responses to it. And remember that an unchecked violation of TD policies does not mean it is suddenly open season.
- Multiple user accounts are not allowed. If you are having difficulties accessing your original account (forgotten/lost password, some other issue), please contact the administrator, using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the site's main page, to have it fixed.
- If you have a question or a concern about these policies or about moderator actions, please don't derail a baseball discussion. Instead, feel free to PM a moderator, or post in the "Questions About MinnCentric" forum, and we'll do our best to respond quickly.
glunn, Head Moderator
Hosken Bombo Disco
Thank you for your understanding and commitment to Twins Daily.
Edited by Brock Beauchamp, 26 July 2020 - 10:57 PM.
Update Carole's screen name; clarify warning points via Notifications