This thread includes comments and elaboration from the TD moderators. TD members are welcome to comment by posting here.
Twins Daily Comment Policy
Twins Daily prides itself on the community of fans it serves, and understands that the forums, comment sections and blogs are central to many members’ enjoyment of the site. We strive for civil, insightful, friendly discourse that welcomes and challenges all our passionate readers. Please understand and follow these rules when posting, and consult the more detailed explanations in the comments section below if you require further guidance:
- Respect for others is expected in everything we write, and personal attacks are not allowed.
- Do not be disruptive through trolling, flame-baiting, and thread-jacking.
- A minimal level of grammar and spell-checking is required.
- Avoid inappropriate language.
- Do not copy entire stories from elsewhere on the internet.
- Commercial spam will be deleted on sight and the poster will be banned.
- If you see a posting that violates these guidelines, do not attempt to police the thread yourself with a complaint there in the thread, and most definitely do not respond with a post of your own in a similar offensive style; either approach may draw moderator actions toward yourself instead of your intended target. If it is a minor violation, it is usually better to just ignore it. However, if you believe it is a serious violation, flag the offending post to the attention of the moderators by clicking the "Report" link found at the bottom of each post (to the left of "Quote"). Appropriate action by the moderators in response to a flagged post may take some time; meanwhile just ignore the post in question, as well as anyone else’s ill-considered responses to it. And remember that an unchecked violation of TD policies does not mean it is suddenly open season.
- Moderators have the capability and authority to edit or delete offending posts, and issue warnings which are sent via the site’s Private Messages (PM) system, and when necessary Infraction points may be recorded at that time. If you have received multiple infractions, then any moderator will have discretion to issue a ban, meaning that your posting privileges will be suspended for a period of time; additional infractions (including attempts to circumvent a ban, such as alternate accounts and IP proxies) may subject you to longer bans or a permanent ban. We always prefer to work with members to avoid bans, but will act when the best interests of the site are at stake.
- If you have a question or concerns about these policies, feel free to PM a moderator, and we'll do our best to respond quickly.
glunn, Head Moderator
Thank you for your understanding and commitment to Twins Daily.
Edited by ashburyjohn, 28 August 2014 - 12:51 PM.
Make the intro less time-specific