Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (9/4): Rochester Romps, Miracle Done

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 856 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...Rochester-Romps

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Taylor Rogers had a heck of a season. Congrats to him and I hope he enjoys AA next year.
He might struggle in AA, but he looks to be deadly against Lefties. Twins have some interesting LH prospects with Darnell, Dean and Rogers. They don't look to be high impact guys but their presence in the upper minors gives the team some depth from the left side.

#3 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Glad I was able to make the game in Ft. Myers. I thought it was Pettersen who missed the tag, not Michael? IMO, it was a play that could have and should have been made. Whoever it was, the throw to him was not high. It was a good throw and playable. Might have been a game changer had he applied the tag and not missed the runner.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

#4 LewFordLives

LewFordLives

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

It's nice to see Cole DeVries getting back in sync. I hope the Twins keep him around. He really stepped up for the major league club last year and he probably would've started the year in the rotation if not for his injury.

#5 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

Too bad about the bats not showing up for the Miracle and Kernals. The pitching sure did. It would be nice to see the lower minor players breaking a playoff performance record the mother team has established in the last 10 years when it comes to hitting well in playoff games. Maybe the Red Wings can give us something to cheer about. It seems so wrong for the Red Sox to be able to throw a Major League ace in there for the playoffs, even if it is a rehab.