Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Internet Explorer 10 Bug List

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

I finally picked up a new copy of Win7 and installed IE10 for testing purposes. Yet again, it appears that Microsoft has released a browser that breaks designs that work in every other browser, including IE9. Le sigh.

Anyway, if you see IE10 bugs, list 'em here and I'll start to plow through them.

#2 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Really? Nobody wants to yell at me about broken crap on the site? Sheesh. What happened to you guys?

#3 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

biggest complaint I have is not an IE 10 thing, it's that certain adds somehow manage to show up in my history, so I cannot hit the back button anymore to get to the previous page I was on, because my history is loaded with some link to an add site.

Honestly, I haven't noticed any big bugs with this site and IE 10... My new Yahoo mail on the other hand... sucks.

#4 abnormal_1

abnormal_1

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

IE 10 has wrecked havock on legacy web applications across the internet.

Cant tell you how many times I've explained to end users go to developer mode and set to IE9...or 8 or perhaps just use Chrome or Firefox.

I hate IE 10.

#5 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

... IE10 ....

Why?

#6 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

IE 10 has wrecked havock on legacy web applications across the internet.

Cant tell you how many times I've explained to end users go to developer mode and set to IE9...or 8 or perhaps just use Chrome or Firefox.

I hate IE 10.

The first thing I did was add a line of script to the site that forces IE10 into IE9 compatibility mode.

The Internet Explorer division of Microsoft is the worst. Really, they're just awful. I have NO IDEA what they're thinking most of the time. I imagine their mission statement looks something like this:

1. Piss off developers
2. Try to piss off developers more
3. Spend more time figuring out how to piss off developers
4. Provide a superior end-user experience
5. ...?
6. Profit!

They've never gotten past #3.

#7 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

Why?

I have no idea. Given the 10+ years I've been fighting IE and its quirks, under no circumstances would I ever use that browser on an everyday basis.

But hey, some IT/IS departments force it on their userbase. I have no idea why they do that, but they certainly do it.

Anyone who forces IE on their users has never had to make code work in the browser.

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

biggest complaint I have is not an IE 10 thing, it's that certain adds somehow manage to show up in my history, so I cannot hit the back button anymore to get to the previous page I was on, because my history is loaded with some link to an add site.

What browser? I haven't noticed this in Chrome at all.

#9 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

What browser? I haven't noticed this in Chrome at all.

Multiple versions of IE... and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there's nothing you can do about it.

#10 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

The first thing I did was add a line of script to the site that forces IE10 into IE9 compatibility mode.

The Internet Explorer division of Microsoft is the worst. Really, they're just awful. I have NO IDEA what they're thinking most of the time. I imagine their mission statement looks something like this:

1. Piss off developers
2. Try to piss off developers more
3. Spend more time figuring out how to piss off developers
4. Provide a superior end-user experience
5. ...?
6. Profit!

They've never gotten past #3.

They do number 6 pretty well. I owe my career to them.