- Article: Zimmer Wants Wins—Does Anyone Else?
Today, 03:50 PM
- Greg Jennings Receives Courage Award
Today, 12:30 PM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 11:15 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:43 AM
- Article: The Vikings New Number One Wide Receiver?!?
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Yesterday, 06:21 AM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Nov 26 2014 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Nov 26 2014 03:17 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Nov 26 2014 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Nov 25 2014 01:35 PM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:00 AM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:26 AM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:33 AM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:41 AM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:28 AM
Waldrop was going to make the club before Gray or Burnett, so if he is ready to go, the questions are 1) Is Swarzak a better choice overall than Hendriks? 2) Is Thompson better than Waldrop? 3) Is it worth losing that spot on the 40-man to pick him up?
Let's see, even if Swarzak were promoted to the rotation and Hendriks demoted, the Twins will add Marquis (who would take Hendriks spot) so there really aren't any vacancies in the 'pen. They also have Waldrop eligible to return soon (I imagine he will rehab in Rochester) and have Fien available in Rochester. The two guys who didn't really make the bullpen on merit (Burnett and Gray) have done nothing to get themselves demoted. Burnett could be optioned, but Gray is out of options.
Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:09 PM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:55 PM
Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:25 PM
Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:53 PM
Of course, this is the same thought process that led the team to pick up Dusty Hughes. That worked out nicely.
I think after seeing the Twins offense which had been slow at best, jump all over this guy, Ryan and Gardy looked at him and thought, no way are we taking this guy if we are hitting him this badly
Rich Thompson is definitely the kind of guy the Twins can be targeting. Still young enough to be a long-term asset. Mystifying that the Angels would let him loose if he's healthy.