Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/31): Red Wings Keep Fighting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...s-Keep-Fighting

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,254 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:19 PM

10 Ks and 1 BB is not too shabby a ratio for May.

Looks like Hicks finally woke out of his somnolent send-down when he heard who the Twins got in return for Morny!

#3 ericchri

ericchri

Generally Clueless

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Interesting that Stuart Turner will end the year in AA. Seems like he's played fairly well this year. Not amazing with the stick, but not Butera bad, either. Only a couple games, really, but it seems they've been pleased with his play for him to get that call.

Edited by ericchri, 01 September 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#4 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Does someone know what the tie breaker is in the minors? If Rochester and Norfork tie, how is that settled? One game playoff? Head to head record?

Is Turner in AA for a reason? Was it just that they needed a place to put him to get a few more at bats this season, or is it possible he starts next season in New Britian? He has thrown out 32% of potential base stealer. I am fine with the aggressive promotion if that is what it is. It isn't something I'm used to season, but maybe I haven't noticed this kind of thing happen in the past.

#5 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Leaving Berrios out is a good call. He seems to really be fighting it. I was thinking they would have shut him (and Gibson) down a couple of starts ago, but the more they pitch this year the more they will be comfortable throwing next year. I just hope neither Tweeks something in the finally couple days.

#6 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

would start Pinto

• Members
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Love the photo :)

You are recognizing that the Morneau trade is the news of the day.. this is a trade that will be compared against every lineup Gardenhire draws up the rest of the year, a trade that will be rightly held up against every transaction Terry Ryan makes heading into next season.

#7 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• 2,139 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Does someone know what the tie breaker is in the minors? If Rochester and Norfork tie, how is that settled? One game playoff? Head to head record?

Head to head, which Rochester owns. They end up tied, the Red Wings get in.

Is Turner in AA for a reason? Was it just that they needed a place to put him to get a few more at bats this season, or is it possible he starts next season in New Britian? He has thrown out 32% of potential base stealer. I am fine with the aggressive promotion if that is what it is. It isn't something I'm used to season, but maybe I haven't noticed this kind of thing happen in the past.

With Pinto going from AAA to MLB, the Red Wings needed Rohlfing. That opened up a spot for a catcher. They weren't going to take from Fort Myers and Cedar Rapids as they prepare for the playoffs. Turner is the next best guy. I envision him starting next year in CR, but could move up to FM.

#8 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• 2,139 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Love the photo :)

The photo was actually supposed to be Morneau and Guerrier popping champagne, but it wouldn't display properly.

#9 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Jeremy.

#10 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

The photo was by our friend Betsy Bissen. She's tremendous.

Turner is advanced, but he'll start next year, probably, in Ft. Myers.