Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Must Watch: Being Miguel Sano

miguel sano minnesota twins
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Administrators
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

I thoroughly enjoy watching baseball with my Dad. He's equal parts knowledgeable and acerbic.

However, as a #BallGuy, there is one thing he does that always bemuses me: Whenever he sees a hitter either (A) hacking at a pitch that is falling off the edge of the Earth or (B) watching a knee-high pitch blaze past, Dad says, without fail, (A) I can't believe he swung at that or (B) I can't believe he didn't swing at that.

Well, yeah, right.

Or so it seems from the luxury of a couch. Yet, putting one's self in a batter's box is completely different. For instance, this video (link) of the Twins' super-duper prospect Miguel Sano's at-bat shows the variety of breaks and speeds a hitter needs to decipher and sort through before finding the right one.

http://vimeo.com/73409631

If you have ever wondered what Miguel Sano sees in a given at-bat, you need to watch this video:

Sano's Eye View on Vimeo

(Butt-slap: @PeloteroMovie)

"You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." -- Jim Bouton, "Ball Four"

#2 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Fan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,264 posts
  • LocationIt's complicated.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Fun! Though, I hope Sano is keeping his head motionless better than the umpire has to. And I hope his ocular rods and cones have more pixels than the camera does. :)

#3 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

That pitcher works quickly...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miguel sano, minnesota twins