Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/29): And Down the Stretch They Go

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...Stretch-They-Go

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Seth maybe this was already answered elsewhere but I missed it. I saw Randy Rosario was on the DL. Any word on that injury?

#3 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Not critical, since they clinched a playoff spot by finishing 2nd in the first half of the season, but it's worth noting that last night's win clinched first place for the Kernels in the MWL Western Division for the second half. They lead QC by 4.5 games with 4 to play.

#4 Smcginnity

Smcginnity

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

It seems like Madison Boer is consistently getting rocked every time I look at these reports. Is this guy just over his head? Also, I have been impressed with the turnaround of Tyler Grimes. He seems to be 'getting it' finally. Every game seems to be two more hits. I'll miss these reports when the season is over... :(

#5 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Boer has had a couple of clunkers, but he hasn't been consistently getting rocked at all. On balance, he's been pretty effective since joining the Kernels. Strikeouts running a bit under 1 an inning, about a .250 BAA. Walking less than half the number he's striking out. He's only been making about 1 appearance a week lately, though, and he just wasn't all that sharp last night.

Grimes is hitting .300 since moving to 2B a couple of weeks ago. He's had multi-hit games four times in the past seven games he's played.

#6 60ft6in

60ft6in

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

It seems like Madison Boer is consistently getting rocked every time I look at these reports. Is this guy just over his head? Also, I have been impressed with the turnaround of Tyler Grimes. He seems to be 'getting it' finally. Every game seems to be two more hits. I'll miss these reports when the season is over... :(

Yes, Grimes has been well as of late. Could be benefiting from a number of things..... from the everyday at bats playing infield vs. the rotation of on/off at bats he was getting at the catcher position or maybe not catching at all and not having to deal with the catcher workload on the legs and body....