- Article: Vikings Continue to Be Big Losers in Peterson Case
Today, 03:16 AM
- Latest plat
Today, 01:36 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Yesterday, 11:50 PM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 11:41 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:06 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Game Thread
Yesterday, 05:10 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Article: 20 Twins Trades: Ramos for a Proven Closer
Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:20 PM
Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:45 PM
That said, the one thing that I think gets slightly underappreciated about this trade and the timing was that the Twins were trailing the Whities at the time and Rauch was starting to look a little dicey at the end of games (this is an eye test thing, not sure if the numbers will completely agree and I don't care to look them up). I think the front office truly thought that sealing off the backend of the bullpen was the main need of the team (perhaps a frontline starter, but there was no options outside of Lee).
The flaw of course was that a team should not utilize a talent like Ramos for bullpen help. And if by chance they have to, it better be someone with more upside than Matt Capps.
Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:41 AM
What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you.