Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:45 PM
Tigers: SP Anibel Sanchez
Things to Think About:
1. Think about Porcello...Yeah that was fun beating Porcello last night. The degree of difficulty gets steeper after that. Here come Sanchez.
2. Think about Mauer... A Concussion or at least concussion like symptoms and a trip to that 7 day DL. Thee Ole Foul Tip off the Catcher's Mask was the culprit. In my opinion... Catcher is the greatest position to play. Except for that foul tip stuff.
3. Think about Morneau... The Reports of his Power Gone forever were greatly exaggerated it seems. Turns out he was just resting from April through July to get ready for August. Who needs Mauer and Willingham in the lineup tonight... Justin seems to be ready to carry the team. Is he getting interesting to contending clubs yet?
4. Think about Cabrera... He didn't do much damage yesterday. Any chance he will make it two nights in a row. Maybe we should try extra hard to keep Jackson and Hunter off the bases in front of him.
5. Think about Orange... It's an Orange and a Fruit. It's a good thing that an Orange isn't Blue or something because that would be real confusing. On the other hand... We could use some Blue food because I can't think of any.
Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:03 PM
They are Purple.
They are blue when ripe.
[FONT=sans-serif]The [/FONT]fruit[FONT=sans-serif] is a [/FONT]berry[FONT=sans-serif] 5–16 millimeters (0.20–0.63 in) in diameter with a flared crown at the end; they are pale greenish at first, then reddish-purple, and finally dark blue when ripe.
Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:24 PM
The Twins aren’t unfamiliar with their players dealing with concussions, as first baseman Justin Morneau, former outfielder Denard Span and former third baseman Corey Koskie all missed months on end due to post-concussion issues.
The club is hoping Joe Mauer doesn’t go down the same path.
Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:43 PM
Before we go much further with this, perhaps we should stop and ask ourselves if we are being insensitive to the millions of Americans who are color blind.
My wife is convinced I am color blind, or else that I dress in the dark. So please stop the hurtful blue language here, just in case.