Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Twins Minor League Weekly - 4/12/12

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Listen to tonight's Twins Minor League Weekly at http://tobtr.com/s/3026901. Talked about a bunch of Twins minor leaguers and how the affiliate's did today.

#2 shs_59

shs_59

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

great podcast seth :)

here's another little tidbit to add, from a guy with some knowledge at minorleagueball.com who caught a Peroria vs Beloit game the other day (Cubs - Twins A ball)
http://timstradebait...loit-snappers-2

-steve (shs)

Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AAA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-A) 5. J.O. Berrios (P-AA) 6.Nick Gordon (SS-RK)  7. *Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8.Jorge Polanco (2B-AA)  9. L. Thorpe (SP-A) 10. *Trevor May (SP-AAA) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-AAA) 12.Travis Harrison (OF-A+) 13.Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A+) 15.Nick Burdi (RP-A)  Just Missed :P P Tyler Duffey, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

#3 MWLFan

MWLFan

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

shs-59, Thanks for the link as I was at that game too. Wang-Wei Lin needs to step up or Max Kepler might be taking his place in a Snappers uni pretty soon. Nice to see Sano and Rosario make big impressions on non Twins fans too.

#4 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,002 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Joe Benson is having a tough time in Rochester. I also see that Tosoni is not playing and that the Twins have been using a catcher in left field--that can't be good.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,469 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Joe Benson is having a tough time in Rochester. I also see that Tosoni is not playing and that the Twins have been using a catcher in left field--that can't be good.

Re: Benson, no surprised that he's struggling early. He'll be alright though. He had an 0-4 two days ago and people said he could have hit any of the balls harder in those at bats. Worry not a bout him.

Re: Tosoni, he'll likely be out a week yet. I don't have a problem with one of the three catchers playing a different position.