- Adult galleries
Today, 12:06 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Yesterday, 07:42 PM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Yesterday, 06:27 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 10:56 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 09:57 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 06:06 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Yesterday, 05:48 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Dec 24 2014 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Dec 24 2014 08:31 AM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Alexi Casilla performing well in Dominican League
2 replies to this topic
Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:09 PM
A cursory glance at the statistics of the Dominican Winter League shows that Alexi Casilla finished second in the regular season with a .336 batting average in 119 at-bats. In 68 more at-bats in the league's playoffs, Casilla has hit .397. Combined, he's hit .358, by far the best average in the league. It is hard to get too excited over his production given the league and the sample-size, but as of right now, is Alexi Casilla be the Twins starting second baseman in 2012 and, more importantly, will he be there when the season ends?
Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:05 PM
I think it's a given that he'll start the season at second. At this point it'd have to be viewed as a surprise if he lasted even 100 games though, since he's failed to do so in the past five years despite ample opportunity. Hopefully this is the year he finally stays healthy and turns the corner, but I'm not putting much stock into the DWL numbers.