Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/19): Pitchers Get It Done... AGAIN!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-It-Done-AGAIN!

#2 Larsbars08

Larsbars08

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Maybe time to put Alex Meyer back at AA.

#3 MichiganTwins

MichiganTwins

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hopefully the added roster spot in NB is for ALex Meyer.

#4 IdahoPilgrim

IdahoPilgrim

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hopefully the added roster spot in NB is for ALex Meyer.

I don't think they have a vacancy right now - Pedro Hernandez was added for his start today and new signee Brad Boyer from the Saints was added to the roster.

They'll have to make room for Meyer.

#5 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

Bummer about Nice-Guy AJ Peterson.
I was hoping he could play his way to a cup of coffee. But now he is going the wrong way.

Question on Madison Boer. He has been pitching out of CR bullpen and for the most part getting lots of SO. Will he stay as a reliever? When he got drafted they said he had an upper 90's FB with decent offspeed stuff.

Any of the CR reporters seem him pitch in August?
I'm wondering what how he is throwing.

#6 twinstalker

twinstalker

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

He'll get a start for Ft. Myers then maybe one for NB. Then the AFL.

#7 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Question on Madison Boer. He has been pitching out of CR bullpen and for the most part getting lots of SO. Will he stay as a reliever? When he got drafted they said he had an upper 90's FB with decent offspeed stuff.

Any of the CR reporters seem him pitch in August?
I'm wondering what how he is throwing.

CR reporters are probably not the best sources of information concerning Boer's August. We've only seen him on the mound twice this month in Cedar Rapids and those were far from his best outings. He gave up a run on three hits in each home appearance. He's done much better in his five August road appearances.

Boer has generally been a very good addition to the back end of the Kernels' bullpen. He and Brian Gilbert have pretty much replaced Steve Gruver and Tyler Jones after the latter pair got promoted. Boer throws hard and throws strikes. He has not, that I recall, been in the "upper 90s" with his fastball, however. Mid 90s might be fair.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#8 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

That's 18 strikeouts. Today. The Twins have struck out 18 batters the whole month of August. (That's exaggerated... I think.)

Definitely exaggerated. I don't think they are over 10 yet.

#9 tjsyam921

tjsyam921

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

If Hendricks gets the call to pitch in Gibson's spot maybe Meyer takes his spot in Rochester??? Doubtful, but it would be nice to see how he would fare in a Rochester playoff run.

#10 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,490 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Bummer about Nice-Guy AJ Peterson.
I was hoping he could play his way to a cup of coffee. But now he is going the wrong way.

I look at it a little differently. He wasn't playing behind Sano, Santana and Rosario... they could have kept him not playing there, or they could send him to Ft. Myers to play a lot of shortstop and help them in the playoffs... They're choosing to have him play. My guess, and it's only that, is that Mientkiewicz wanted him.

#11 Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Actually, since the ASG the Twins have been playing .500 ball, and it's been the pitching, not hitting (abysmal) that's got them there....