Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/15): Stewart Sets Career Highs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Christie

Cody Christie

Twins Contributor

• Twins Contributors
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ts-Career-Highs

#2 Jeff A

Jeff A

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

It seems like Buxton always does something positive, even when he doesn't have a particularly good game. He gets a single and a stolen base, or he draws a couple of walks, or something like that. He almost never goes 4-0-0-0 or 5-0-0-0. That seems like a good sign.

#3 TRex

TRex

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

I agree with you, Jeff, that Buxton always seems to be in the box score for something. Is there any (easy) way to find out how many games he has reached base safely in? He may have a 9 game hitting streak, but I think his on base streak may be over 20 games.

#4 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

I agree with you, Jeff, that Buxton always seems to be in the box score for something. Is there any (easy) way to find out how many games he has reached base safely in? He may have a 9 game hitting streak, but I think his on base streak may be over 20 games.

Byron Buxton » Game Logs » 2013 » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

#5 TRex

TRex

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thanks Mister B, knowing that Fangraphs has game-by-game results is going to make it easier to track down the stats I need (although that might not be a good thing)!

Buxton's on-base streak is currently at 19 games... which is only his THIRD longest this season! His other streaks are 17, 22, and 27 games!