Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Game Thread: Twins@White Sox 8/11 1:10PM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#101 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 7,116 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

KC getting saved a lot by the wind blowing in, but credit him with not sucking today.

#102 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Me 2... 1986 or 1987... They didnt have YouTube or Cameras.

Maybe there is a cave drawing?

#103 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

I'm making a list ...

• Twins Mods
  • 14,593 posts
  • LocationChiTown, where else?

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

True Story:

I'm maybe 21 years old... Lead Singing/Keys in a band. I don't remember the exact song. I think it was tune we wrote... But I remember the tune had a nice powerful build from the opening... A drum fill and the first thing I do is hit this High note and hold it.

I got to practice early and was by myself and I was thinking about that first note and that power of the opening.

So by myself... I decided to practice running off of the stage... Jamming the mike stand into the ground and doing a flip... Landing on my feet Perfectly timed to... hitting that high note.

I got about... Maybe 10 shots at it before someone arrived. I missed badly like 5 times... Came close 3 times and nailed it twice... Something like that.

Once someone else from the band showed up... I decided not to try it in front of them... I wanted to surprise them... If I actually did it on stage.

A couple days later... We got to the gig and I was feeling nimble... So I talked myself into it... It was a long stage so I could get a good run going... The stage wasn't that high up so I could reach the floor with the mic stand easy.

We were on fire... Nailing everything... I was feeling good... I decided to go for it and the band had no idea it was coming.

Got to the song... The band started and I timed it... Started my run perfectally... Got to the edge of the stage... I planted the Mic Stand and I did my flip and it felt right... High into the air and I came down on my feet at the perfect time to hit that note.

My momentum was the only problem... I gotta a short little "Ah" out as I fell forward straight across a table with people sitting... Full of drinks that ended up on the floor with me on the other side of the table.

The Drummer just stops... He falls off his drum kit laughing so hard. The whole place goes quiet and I jump up ala Chevy Chase and tell the band start it again and that was followed by massive applause.

Failure isn't not succeeding; failure is not trying. While it didn't turn out the way you wanted, bet you would've regretting not trying it more. Besides, either way, still makes a great story!

#104 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

True Story:

I'm maybe 21 years old... Lead Singing/Keys in a band. I don't remember the exact song. I think it was tune we wrote... But I remember the tune had a nice powerful build from the opening... A drum fill and the first thing I do is hit this High note and hold it.

I got to practice early and was by myself and I was thinking about that first note and that power of the opening.

So by myself... I decided to practice running off of the stage... Jamming the mike stand into the ground and doing a flip... Landing on my feet Perfectly timed to... hitting that high note.

I got about... Maybe 10 shots at it before someone arrived. I missed badly like 5 times... Came close 3 times and nailed it twice... Something like that.

Once someone else from the band showed up... I decided not to try it in front of them... I wanted to surprise them... If I actually did it on stage.

A couple days later... We got to the gig and I was feeling nimble... So I talked myself into it... It was a long stage so I could get a good run going... The stage wasn't that high up so I could reach the floor with the mic stand easy.

We were on fire... Nailing everything... I was feeling good... I decided to go for it and the band had no idea it was coming.

Got to the song... The band started and I timed it... Started my run perfectally... Got to the edge of the stage... I planted the Mic Stand and I did my flip and it felt right... High into the air and I came down on my feet at the perfect time to hit that note.

My momentum was the only problem... I gotta a short little "Ah" out as I fell forward straight across a table with people sitting... Full of drinks that ended up on the floor with me on the other side of the table.

The Drummer just stops... He falls off his drum kit laughing so hard. The whole place goes quiet and I jump up ala Chevy Chase and tell the band start it again and that was followed by massive applause.

As I recall, you didn't even offer to replace our drinks.

#105 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

26th Man

• Twins Mods
  • 12,529 posts
  • LocationNatick MA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

That's what I love about baseball. You can watch this game religiously for nearly 25 years like I have

Just on Sundays? That's no good.

#106 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

I'm making a list ...

• Twins Mods
  • 14,593 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

I have to remember not to have food or drink in my mouth when Chief throws one of these out there.

#107 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Some women just aren't into baseball. Some men aren't either. I had a boyfriend once who repeatedly would say, 'Uh, baseball ... is that the one with the wooden stick thing?' Okay, he got away with that once, twice, three times ... after that, he got the nick 'LoserDude' and was toast. (Actually, that wasn't the reason why, but is whole personality was 'off.' That was just one example.)

Considering the thousands of hours that I have spent learning every detail of female anatomy it seems only fair that my wife could make the effort to learn something about baseball.

#108 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 15,253 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

Failure isn't not succeeding; failure is not trying. While it didn't turn out the way you wanted, bet you would've regretting not trying it more. Besides, either way, still makes a great story!

If I would have nailed it... The story would only be worth telling for a week. By taking out the front row... I've been able to tell the story for 25 years.

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

President of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club 

Founded 4-23-16 

#109 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 15,253 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Was that your wife's lap that I ended up face first into?

Founded 4-23-16 

#110 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

I have to remember not to have food or drink in my mouth when Chief throws one of these out there.

I induce nausea?

#111 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

I'm making a list ...

• Twins Mods
  • 14,593 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Considering the thousands of hours that I have spent learning every detail of female anatomy it seems only fair that my wife could make the effort to learn something about baseball.

I know it doesn't seem fair, but that really is equal to us taking the 3 hours it takes to learning every detail of the male anatomy. ;)

#112 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Was that your wife's lap that I ended up face first into?

Nope. Wasn't my wife, and wasn't my lap.

#113 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is back!

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Some women just aren't into baseball. Some men aren't either. I had a boyfriend once who repeatedly would say, 'Uh, baseball ... is that the one with the wooden stick thing?' Okay, he got away with that once, twice, three times ... after that, he got the nick 'LoserDude' and was toast. (Actually, that wasn't the reason why, but is whole personality was 'off.' That was just one example.)

Once should have been enough.

#114 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I know it doesn't seem fair, but that really is equal to us taking the 3 hours it takes to learning every detail of the male anatomy. ;)

Can't speak for everyone here, but in my case a woman wouldn't need 3 hours. There's only one small detail that matters much.

#115 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

Nothing comes close to the level of concentration that it took for me to learn to breathe through my ears.

#116 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

26th Man

• Twins Mods
  • 12,529 posts
  • LocationNatick MA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

the 3 hours it takes to learning every detail of the male anatomy. ;)

Slow learner?

/ edit - beaten to the punch by Chief - not the first time, won't be the last

#117 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 15,253 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Nope. Wasn't my wife, and wasn't my lap.

Whoever it was... I'm pretty sure that when she put on that party dress for a night out... She didnt expect some guy to fly across her table face first into her... Well... I'm sure she didn't expect that... At least not in that fashion.

Founded 4-23-16 

#118 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

I'm making a list ...

• Twins Mods
  • 14,593 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Can't speak for everyone here, but in my case a woman wouldn't need 3 hours. There's only one small detail that matters much.

Yes, well, I wasn't referring to you when I said 3 hrs.

#119 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

26th Man

• Twins Mods
  • 12,529 posts
  • LocationNatick MA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's rude to explain a joke, but I just wanna make sure everyone here appreciates that Chief's military background brings a specific nuance to one of the words here.

#120 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

My TV must be on the fritz. KC started and I could've sworn it showed the opposition has failed to score any runs yet.