Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/8): Rosario Dominates for E-Twins

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...tes-for-E-Twins

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Pinto is exciting me, and Wimmers is bumming me out.

#3 roger

roger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Good morning Seth. Could Wimmers' struggles be a blessing in disquise? Could his struggles make it less likely someone would take him in the Rule 5 draft if not added to the 40-man?

Romero is having a nice year for an eighteen year old. Could be another young arm we can begin watching.

#4 DJL44

DJL44

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

less likely someone would take him in the Rule 5 draft.

There is a bigger likelihood that Wimmers gets released than he gets selected in the Rule 5 draft. I suppose a team could take him and stash him on the disabled list all year but they still have to keep him on the roster for 90 days.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Yeah, my assumption was that he would pitch well enough to make it obvious that you would add him to the 40 man. This type of performance may do exactly what you're saying. Now, the Twins absolutely would not release him. That would be crazy since he'd be given an extra year to recover from TJ. It's a positive from the Twins perspective.

#6 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

He's 100% claimed if not on the roster. Just coming off TJ, successful college pitcher....no way he's left unprotected.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

He's 100% claimed if not on the roster. Just coming off TJ, successful college pitcher....no way he's left unprotected.

I still believe this to be true.

#8 DJL44

DJL44

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

If he's drafted in the Rule 5 draft he's 99% coming back after spring training. Wimmers is getting roughed up in rookie ball and hasn't pitched effectively since 2010. He's pitched one game above A-ball. He's not ready to spend next year on a big league roster. That would be a minor miracle.

I don't think the Twins would cut him during the offseason but he might be cut after spring training next year if he hasn't regained his velocity.

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

I believe it was asked yesterday, but I learned that Deolis Guerra is doing well. He's now pitching bullpens and is expected to pitch some live BP in the next week.

#10 SpitefulRabbit617

SpitefulRabbit617

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

How many atbats like he's had(Pinto) until its considered banging for a call up? You have to assume Doumit is gone with this kid tearing everything up.