Twins: SP Kyle Gibson
Things to think about:
1. Think about the record... The Twins are 46-60... 5th Worst record in Baseball. The Atlanta Braves 65-45 have the 5th Best record in Baseball. 17 more wins out of the 106 Twins games thus far and the Twins have the 5th best record in baseball. 1 more win every 7 games or so.
2. Think about the Record... The Astros are 36-72. If the Twins would have just lost 11 more games out of the 106 Twins games thus far. We could have the worst record in baseball. 1 more loss every 10 games or so. The Margins are razor thin.
3. Think about Splits... How could the Twins reach the Braves and win 1 more time every 7 games? Easy... Play against more left handers starters and more games against the A.L. West. The Twins are 9-10 against left-handed starters and 11-6 in 17 games vs. A.L. West teams.
4. Think about Splits... How could the Twins catch the Astros and lose one more game every 10 games or so. Easy... Play against more right handed starters and more games against the A.L. East. The Twins are 37-50 against Right Handers and 9-18 against the A.L. East.
5. Think about Blanks... I find it very easy to draw a blank. I grab a sheet of paper... I Grab a pen... I make random hand motions over the paper with the pen with the pen never touching the paper. I then put the pen down.
As long as the pen doesn't leak during this process... I have drawn a blank.
Edited by Riverbrian, 03 August 2013 - 03:31 PM.