Twins: SP Samuel Deduno
Things to think about:
1. Think about Gardenhire... He's wasn't happy yesterday. I wasn't able to watch the game but Gardenhire was upset primarily over the defense displayed in yesterday's loss to the Royals.
(Private note to Ron from Riverbrian...Please respect that privacy)
Dear Ron... I'm glad you finally went public your disappointment over sub-par defensive play in yesterday's game. I have been disappointed with certain aspects of this team and I feel you. I think fans and players need to see this public disenchantment so your mood fits all of ours. However... Defense hasn't been what I've been upset with this year. I think the D has been pretty good. It's been the offense... I would like them to be a little more professional at the plate from young to old. I know that bolded part is a nasty thing for me to say... but darn it... Good Golly... It needs to be said. Go ahead Ron... And get your dander up publicly when it comes to the offense. I think it's OK to do so.
(OK... You can all start reading again... the Private note to Gardy is over)
2. Think about Scott Diamond... Down to Rochester he goes... He's struggling... Last year he did a good job keeping his ball down. This year he ain't... He doesn't have the stuff for ain't.
3. Think about Aaron Hicks... Down to Rochester he goes... He isn't hitting the ball... I'm not sure how I feel about the send down of Hicks... I'm 50-50 on it... I can see the need for the send down... But I also see the need for a CF at the MLB level when he is in Rochester. For all the OF Depth we have... It certainly isn't up the middle... WE NEED A CF'er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Think about Oswaldo Arcia... We need power... We need it bad... It's starting to become clear that our bottom three in the order is just as capable of hitting the long ball as the middle three in our order... We Need Power... We need youth to develop... Welcome back Arcia... You fit both of those needs.
5. Think about Murphy's Law... Murphy's Law is "Anything that can go wrong... Will Go Wrong"... I was thinking that Murphy's Law can now be proven as fact using the 2013 Twins as example.
I spent all of today... Trying to prove/verify that Murphy's Law does exist. I'm sad to say that I was unable to prove my thesis on Murphy's Law because every attempt made and every avenue travelled... something kept going wrong.
Edited by Riverbrian, 02 August 2013 - 04:16 PM.