Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/29): Red Wings are on fire!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...gs-are-on-fire!

#2 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

6Ks in 4 innings? The stats don't really mean anything for Wimmers (especially in a low level), but that is quite comforting.

#3 tjsyam921

tjsyam921

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

Will Wimmers move up to a higher level at some point or is this year mainly just a rehab season for him.

#4 tjsyam921

tjsyam921

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

I like Walters bull dog mentality. Just wish he could translate his AAA success better to the bigs. Berrios must be getting tired. Seems like hes giving up more walks than you would expect.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

Will Wimmers move up to a higher level at some point or is this year mainly just a rehab season for him.

Yeah, he's on the New Britain roster, I believe, so he's got something like 30 days worth of rehab. My guess is they'll use that up in the GCL just to make sure. Then when that rehab time is up, they'll likely have him starting for the Miracle, and then go from there.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

I like Walters bull dog mentality. Just wish he could translate his AAA success better to the bigs. Berrios must be getting tired. Seems like hes giving up more walks than you would expect.

I really like Walters too. I think he's a guy that can be a good 5th/6th/7th starter. At this stage, he is what he is. Back end of the rotation and solid AAA pitcher. He can certainly have good stretches in the big leagues too.

As for Berrios, very possible he's tiring. But, he's still got enough stuff to work out of some things.

#7 jimbo92107

jimbo92107

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Man, it's good to hear that Alex Wimmers is up and pitching again. He's gone through such an ordeal early in his career, I really hope all the work pays off for him and the Twins.

#8 tjsyam921

tjsyam921

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Man, it's good to hear that Alex Wimmers is up and pitching again. He's gone through such an ordeal early in his career, I really hope all the work pays off for him and the Twins.

Agreed. Plus we could really use another starter!

#9 SydneyTwinsFan

SydneyTwinsFan

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Arcia in 11 games since being sent down: .455/.550/.879/1.429 4HR 5/5 BB/K

Hopefully a bit of trade activity in the next 24 hrs will clear the way for him to return