Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Dorsey: Twins/Red Sox Handling of Stewart/Ball

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

http://www.news-pres...ews|text|Sports

David Dorsey of the News Press in Ft. Myers wrote a very interesting article on how the Twins are handling Kohl Stewart this year and how the Red Sox are handling Trey Ball.

Stewart was the 4th overall pick while Ball was the 7th overall pick. Both were taken out of high school and received about $7.3 million combined.

#2 TwinsFanInPhilly

TwinsFanInPhilly

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

The Twins are horrible - they are way too conservative with how they treat their minor leaguers and . . . oh, wait. The other kid hasn't even pitched yet?

The Twins are horrible - they're gonna blow Stewart's arm out.

#3 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'd like to hear what kind of inning schedule the Twins have for Stewart over the next couple of years. I assume they already have a few numbers in mind. At this time I would think the Berrios model is what the Twins will follow which would mean Beloit next June.

#4 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'd like to hear what kind of inning schedule the Twins have for Stewart over the next couple of years. I assume they already have a few numbers in mind. At this time I would think the Berrios model is what the Twins will follow which would mean Beloit next June.

Who are we getting from the A's?

Yoenis is probably untouchable

#5 cmb0252

cmb0252

• Members
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Haha what?

Great article. Well worth the read.

#6 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I see what you did there. Very clever.:D

#7 Oxtung

Oxtung

I don't skinny dip. I chunky dunk.

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Was Berrios held back this season in EST because of an innings limitation or because he pitched relief in the WBC and then had to be stretched out to start delaying his debut?

#8 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Ha, you got me!

Was Berrios held back this season in EST because of an innings limitation or because he pitched relief in the WBC and then had to be stretched out to start delaying his debut?

Good point, I guess I assumed there was a good chance he wasn't going to pitch until June anyway and I was just happy it ended up being in Low A as opposed to Rookie League.

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,492 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

It was to get him stretched out after pitching in the WBC out of the bullpen. If it helps with the innings limit (along with pitching in a 6-man rotation, that works.