Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/28): A Good Day In The System

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...y-In-The-System
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

#2 Mave

Mave

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

How quickly is Madison Boer going to move if he stays in the bullpen? Is he staying there for good now?

#3 Siehbiscuit

Siehbiscuit

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Nice to see Melotakis is pitching well!

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

How quickly is Madison Boer going to move if he stays in the bullpen? Is he staying there for good now?

It kind of depends on him at this point. He's missed some time for reasons one shouldn't miss time, and that hurts. I've been told that his stuff isn't all that impressive. Low-90s FB with little movement. That said, as he gets it back and if he (hopefully) stays in the bullpen, he could move fairly quickly if he pitches well.

#5 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hey Seth- I see that Wimmers pitched well today in 4 innings of work at GCL. Do you have a read on the Twins plan for him for the rest of 2013? Could he be a candidate for the Gibson program from last year (AFL in the fall)?

#6 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'm not Seth, but I bet they go AFL with him if he's healthy. It makes sense. The one reason it might not be the same as Gibson is that Wimmers never made it that far in the minors before the injury.
Lighten up Francis....

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Agreed, but the plan as far as pitching and such will likely be the same. Their timelines for this rehab have been pretty close (one year later). So, I think he will use up his 20/30 days of rehab with the GCL team, and then get "sent" to Ft. Myers. If he does well, he could end in New Britain (who he made one start for at the beginning of last season). I definitely think that the AFL is a possibility if all goes well, and he should be added to the 40 man roster after that.